MAJOR GLITCH : Final update on your listings hidden or removed by mistake

Here are some excerpts from the message just received from eBay:

The software issue was fixed Wednesday within a few hours of when it happened.Hidden listings were restored to view by midnight PST that same day.Most ended listings have now been automatically relisted. Note we did NOT automatically relist your multi-variation fixed price listings, and we did not relist your auction-style listings if you had more than 35 auctions ended.

We know there can be concerns about inventory management for multi-variation listings, and that it can be disruptive to your service to have a large number of auction-style listings all ending at once. That's why, in these cases, we've chosen not to automatically relist without consulting you first. One of our customer support representatives is reaching out to you personally to help you get this inventory relisted as quickly and easily as possible

Here are a few additional steps we will take to do the right thing for our sellers:

You'll be issued a credit for two times the insertion and any advanced listing upgrade fees for all impacted listings.If we did relist any auction-style listings on your behalf, we scheduled them to end at the same time of day (not necessarily on the same day of the week) as the original listings. In that case you will also see a credit for the scheduled listing fee charged as part of the listing restoration process.We are refunding final value fees for any hidden auction-style listings that ended naturally during or within an hour of the time the time they were impacted (Wednesday, March 20, 10:00 am PST- Thursday, March 21, 1:00 am PST).

Too little to late IMO.

What a nightmare this whole thing was.  I would have been more happy if they would have refunded my free listings that all went down the tube, if that makes sense.  I guess you can't refund something that was free to begin with.

Anyways, what do you guys take from this whole experience? Definitely raises some reliability / stability issues. I've learned though that building an eBay business is like building a house of cards.  It has toppled for many sellers before me, and I've had some close calls trying to learn the process and stay legit. 

Who really know's what happend?  What if it was some hacker that wasn't very happy and decided to take a punch at eBay? I'm curious as to what the ramification of this whole thing probably would have cost, im estimating around $1,000,000 for sellers and eBay combined.  

The month can't get here soon enough so I can get my stuff listed again.  I'm not a fan of paying initial fees, although i'm tempted to start a store, and start listing hundreds of auctions.

Keep on' keepin' on everybody!

There is no reasoning with the unreasonable.
Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0