PAYPAL PAYMENT REVERSED - NO SELLER PROTECTION

On March 7th, 9:41 AM I received PayPal payment for an item sold on eBay. Purchaser was PayPal VERIFIED, shipping address was CONFIRMED, payment was marked "Seller Protection: ELIGIBLE" followed by a statement telling me I can ship item anytime.

March 10th, late in the afternoon PayPal put a hold on the funds "pending investigation". I was asked if I shipped item and I sent copy of postal receipt.

I contacted purchaser by phone and she was shocked, said she had no idea why transaction is being investigated.

Today I received the following email from PayPal:

We've concluded our investigation into the transaction detailed below.

Because we determined that you did not meet the eligibility requirements
for the PayPal Seller Protection Policy, you are being charged for this
reversed transaction. We've returned the funds to the PayPal account
holder, and your account will be debited for the amount of this transaction.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Call them.....the secret word is "agent", say it loud & say it often.

Remain polite and move up the ladder if you don't get a positive response!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I has similar - blocked funds, investigation. I called PayPal what's this all about, and even though I have CN22 and the receipt, but they needed tracking. Apparently buyer claimed unauthorized credit card use. Amount is too small to waste time on arguments with PayPal staff, so I just filed Unpaid Item/Other Reason and hope this will not happen often.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
I have third transaction on "funds hold" since beginning of they year. Really weird.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

These are very annoying events, I've had a couple lately too. Mine appear to be situations where a person was buying and selling, they were NARUd I'm assuming because of their selling piece. As far as I can see, PAYPAL undoes their transactions both ways. This is totally non-sensible for situations where they've bought something and paid for it. It makes me chuckle that PAYPAL tells me that they're taking money out of my account and keeping it to keep me safe! So far I've been lucky they've been transactions under $15 so I've chosen not to waste the hours on the phone with PAYPAL fighting about it (like I said in another thread I can make more by spending the time listing more lots than it takes to fight about this stuff with them).
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Just got one today. Asked the buyer in Thailand and he said his account was suddenly limited but did not know why.

He is "talking" to PP and we are not worried as he is a repeat customer but it's annoying all the same to have $90 on hold.

Bernie
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Perhaps they are victims of my jihad against bottom feeding, scum sucking sellers, intent on screwing over buyers from both ends and the middle.

regards amp
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

My question is how to prevent these shoplifters? They rely on the amounts being too small to attract authorities attention, so I guess they can just repeat this as many times as they want.

Or can they?
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

He is not a "shoplifter". He is very concerned that we have our funds blocked. Sent us 2 further emails today expressing his regrets.

This is the 3rd time he bought from us. 100% do I believe him.

Bernie
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

My purchaser went on a shopping frenzy, over 200 items before screaming "unauthorized transaction". One seller tried to warn the public in feedback and was struck down.
Meanwhile purchaser is enjoying her new found "wealth" and posting negative feedback for non-paying bidder alerts.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

ampurtle:
PLEASE....do NOT refer to sellers as "bottom feeding, scum sucking sellers"
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

He is not a "shoplifter".

Lucky you. Mine is a shoplifter. And so it seems that gifts_of_elegance's one is also.

Anyway ... in my home-country there used to be regulatory payment to a national government radio station that most people ignored. A law agency bought this "debt" from the radio station and started sending out letters and taking people to court. While the amounts were small, there was so many of them, that these lawyers got pretty fat on it.

If there is a collection firm that would accept $10 claims and could rape shoplifters on administration fees (read: make money) - my claim is theirs, I would gladly sell it or even give it away just for a good feeling from giving the con what he deserves.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

And if you are wondering how do I know mine is a shoplifter - easy. He claims unauthorized credit card use, but the goods were shipped to his registered address with eBay/PayPal. So unless someone stole both his credit card and eBay ID, it's quite unlikely the credit card thief would have his purchases shipped to CC owner.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Funny that all of my trouble customers are Canadians.

Maybe I should consider not shipping to Canada anymore.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Lately I had a very bad streak of luck with shipments to France. More claims in the past 6 months than I had in all the years put together.
One lady claims ALL THREE parcels were lost, another filed a claim for non-receipt after 7 days and third purchaser has two claims for the same item. One for non-receipt, the second for not-as-described. Duh......I guess he is not taking a chance on not having his funds reversed.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply