The seller cheated me

gioia10
Community Member

What can I do about the seller who cheated me for 5 items. She was pretending to be willing to resolve the problem, instead  she was only prolonging for the time to pass as she was aware that the case can be opened only within 45 days. I did not know that. So the  time run out to open the case.

She described on auction page that the items are Sterling  Silver and they are not. The description for the stones is not correct either.

Is there anything that I can do to stop this person to cheat other people and that she pays for the return shipping for me to send her back this stuff and that she refunds my account. This seller should not be part of eBay community as she tarnishes the reputation.

Can someone please help me. Thanks.

gioia10 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The seller cheated me

after 45 days ebay will not get involved but if you paid for these with a credit card contact them they may reverse the charges depending how long it has been

if the sale happened less than 60 days from this date you can leave feedback (Negative Or Neutrals can be left) If you do so be factual not emotional this way those who read it will see what occurred

weavers

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The seller cheated me

Hello weavers,

Thank you very much for the info.

I paid with credit card via PayPal on April 17.

I will try with credit card office.

I find it strange that eBay does not want to get involved after 45 days. One would think that they would like to know about people like this and do something about it. After all it does not look good on eBay with the members like this.

it was very kind of you to offer your help. It is truly appreciated.

Regards,

gioia10

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The seller cheated me

Forty five days is a month and a half.

Paypal and eBay are mediators ("just a venue") and have limited control over buyers and sellers.

If you buy something from The Bay, they have all the money you paid. If you buy from a private seller, no matter how large, all eBay/PP gets is their fees.

So they limit their exposure to damage with a deadline.

Also keep in mind that had you paid with a money order, or from your bank balance, neither of those would have any refund protection at all. Once the money is paid out, that's it.

Your feedback, which should be calm and factual, and the Detailed Seller Ratings are your final step with eBay. The lowest Rating is ONE star. If a buyer's DSRs drop below 4.3 out of 5, his ability to list and sell on eBay are greatly restricted.

BTW, that 4.3 is the reason a normal, dull, friendly transaction should get 5 stars.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply