We are having a terrible time listing the shipping section on Canadian E-Bay

E-Bay's shipping section is extremely confusing and we never seem to be able to get it correct on the Canadian site.

Does anybody else have the same problem or is it just us????

Henry

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I have the exact same problem. It's very confusing.  That...

I have the exact same problem. It's very confusing.  That's why I'm taking a break from selling for now.  And canadian shipping is expensive!!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Do you own a tape measure?

Do you own a digital scale?

Have you switched the measurement option on the Sell Your Item form to metric? (Canada Post went metric in 1974. Any other measurement will be inaccurate.)

Do you understand that packaged items under 2 cm thick and 500 grams can be shipped as letter rate or Light Packet?

Did you know that if the size of your package is fits the Canadian dimensions, but is just under the US dimensions for the otherwise similar rate, no rate will show on the US site. In fact, your listing may not show on the US site.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

For that last Small Packet problem.

I check the new listing (usually before it indexes) to be sure the US rates are showing. If not, I go back and "tweak" the dimensions, usually raising them by a centimetre, so the package appears to fit the USPS dimensions. This does not change the cost of the rate.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply