Why can we not see a seller's feedback for duplicate items already sold?

As a occasional buyer I would find it useful to be able to easily see what kind of feedback was left for a particular item previously; this would help me assess the quality and suitability of the item.

Why not include a direct link to feedback a seller has received for an identical item?  I do mean IDENTICAL, not just similar.

If fact, why not include a link to feedback other sellers have received for the identical item?   That would not only increase the likelihood of determining whether the item is what you  want, it would also help you decide who to buy it from.

Obviously there are limitations due to sellers not using identical descriptions, keywords etc. and eBay take note: a bad version of this would be worse than no version at all!

Looking forward to my eBay credit for useful suggestions, har-har!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Why can we not see a seller's feedback for duplicate items already sold?

With the exception of mass market items where the seller is using a description directly from the supplier, each listing is likely to be so different that the items would not be comparable, even if they were identical items.

For example, I was searching for copies of The Guild comic, since Felicia Day is my girlcrush, and ended up buying a lot of duplication since for example, the Free Comic Book Day issue is sometimes shown with the Guild cover and sometimes with the Buffy cover. Plus the books are often sold as lots which might have 1to 5 or might have 1 to 3 or be missing one issue.

Without knowing what all that was about (it's a web series about gamers that morphed) you can see how complex programming what you want might be.

And as you said, a bad version would be worse than no version.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply