Why doesn’t Ebay remove those fake sellers from EBay?

ib555
Community Member

My seller who uses several Ebay identity sell only one item at the time.

It show “Last Item available”, I buy the last item, it and 5 minutes later

It show again  “Last Item available, and so on repeatedly.

It seem they never send the item, and limit to one item so the buyer would not bother to ask refund

Hence 100% profit. If a buyer ask for refund they just refund those buyers.

Why doesn’t Ebay remove those fake sellers from the EBay?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Why doesn’t Ebay remove those fake sellers from EBay?

They do. Those sellers are not allowed to stay on ebay. And all new sellers are held to strict limits until they prove they are trustworthy. But all sellers are judged innocent until proven guilty. If this is happening to you as a buyer on a regular basis, it may be time to review your purchasing habits and learnt to avoid high-risk transactions. As a buyer with some experience myself, i don't ever fall for fake-item listings from sellers-that-don't-exist. 

You may find this Guide I wrote to be useful. 

http://www.ebay.ca/gds/10-Steps-to-Hassle-Free-Buying-on-eBay-/10000000204740571/g.html

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

My seller who uses several Ebay identity

There is no rule against any member having several IDs. I have seven myself, not all used for selling.

sell only one item at the time.

Only listing one item at a time is generally a poor strategy, since buyers often will find one item, decide against it , but take a look at other listings nonetheless.

But each seller sets out his own business practices.

It show “Last Item available”, I buy the last item, it and 5 minutes later

It show again  “Last Item available, and so on repeatedly.

Not the most honest practice, but not actually illegal.

It seem they never send the item,

AH! Now we have the problem.

It is up to the buyer to open Item Not Received Disputes when this happens.

And it happens often enough that I have some boilerplate advice:

You have 30 days after that 'last estimated date for arrival' to open a Dispute with eBay's Resolution Centre, which is at the bottom of this page.

The first suggestion is to Contact the Seller. Don’t get into a conversation.
Just ask “When was this sent? What service was used? What is the tracking number?”
You want either a prompt refund OR a tracking number that shows the purchase is in Canada.
Do NOT accept a replacement. It won’t arrive.
Do NOT close the Dispute until you have the product or the refund.

If you have already attempted to Contact the Seller,  skip that step, ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.
If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If the 30 days have passed, go to your Paypal account.
You have 180 days from payment for this Dispute.
Find the transaction and copy the number.
The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools
Same process basically, skip the Contact Seller and escalate to a Claim.
If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

In future, read the feedback.
Don't buy from sellers with less than 98% positive (99% for Asian sellers)
Read the negative feedback , including seller responses, for patterns like slow or no delivery, poor communication, low quality, counterfeits.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I have decided to stop buying from Asian countries and might even stop buying from here  . I used to rely on feedback and amount of feedback rec'd  but that doesn't seem to help much anymore. Ebay needs to change policies to stop this. It's very disappointing when you don't get your product. Ebay doesn't make it easy to get in touch with them either

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@summer0069

I used to rely on feedback and amount of feedback rec'd  but that doesn't seem to help much anymore.

Feedback is an indication of how past transactions have gone, but does not count against a seller's eBay metrics.

What does count in Item Not Received Disputes.

It's very disappointing when you don't get your product.

Yes it is.

Are you opening Item Not Received Disputes and getting refunds?

Ebay doesn't make it easy to get in touch with them either

It is not necessary, and usually counter-productive, to talk to a human about this.

The bots in the Resolution Centre are prompt and efficient.

If the seller cannot prove in an Item Not Received dispute that the purchase has been delivered, you will be refunded.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply