Why is it so easy for buyers to bid and not pay with no consequences for them?.

I'm tired of having buyers that bid and get away without paying and then I have to wait nearly 3 weeks to re-list my item.  They can send feedback but I cannot return the favour.  Isn't there something else that can be done to make them stop this bad habit? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Why is it so easy for buyers to bid and not pay with no consequences for them?.

3 Weeks?

You're not utilizing the process as it can be.

4 days pass with no payment, you open a UID. 4 More days pass and if the buyer still does not pay then the case closes and you re-list your item.....8 days, not 3 weeks.

Buyers who have UID close against them get a strike on their account.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Why is it so easy for buyers to bid and not pay with no consequences for them?.

BIN with IPR. Problem solved permanently.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

i agree with mr elmwood,use buy it now with instant payment required,i have started doing that more than auction.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Your deadbeat bidders cannot leave feedback if they lose an Unpaid Item Case. You can also set your Seller Preferences to automatically Block bidders with UID strikes.

You can't leave negative feedback, but you can Respond to any feedback, your own or your customers. While the most effective Responses are calm and factual, they are not required to be positive. Just remember your future customers will read them and form an opinion of you.

I would agree that Buy It Now with the price set at your preferred value and Immediate Payment Required should be considered. With your low value items, I suspect your buyers are impulsive and the fast nickel immediacy of see/want/buy/pay would be more effective than trying for the slow dime of auction.

I would also suggest that you consider using Free Shipping. Keep in mind that this just means the asking price INCLUDES the cost of shipping.

Free Shipping attracts buyers.

Your impulse buyer does not get shocked by the shipping cost add-on.

Free Shipping gives you automatic 5 stars on Shipping Cost.

Free Shipping means you pay NO FVF on any shipping fees.

You only have to offer Free Shipping on Domestic Shipping for this to be effective, but when I use it, I also give my US shipping cost as $0.00 since over 80% of my sales are to the USA. I do charge for overseas sales.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply