Why is it that people will buy garbage when I have the same coin sealed and perfect with low ship?

People will pay more for the coin and shipping for coin I have in NM to Mint?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Why is it that people will buy garbage when I have the same coin sealed and perfect with low ship?

"same coin"

You have nearly 100 coins listed.  Which specific coin are you referring to?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Is this about a specific item, or a general observation?   Regardless of what you have, some people greatly prefer the comfort level of buying from the country they live in.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hello 'thenumismatic...'

<<Why is it that people will buy garbage when I have the same coin sealed and perfect>>

What do you mean by "people", or rather, which particular people?

You have your listings all set in Canadian dollars and ship within Canada only, so you are offering

your wares to a very small portion of the ebay membership.

That will severely restrict your sales possibilities.  Many coin collectors live outside Canada. 

For that matter, many Canadian buyers shop from the US ebay (dot com, instead of dot ca).

They will simply not see your listings.

Is all this what you truly intended?

Is that what is puzzling you?  Why it seems that Canadian buyers of these same coins are purchasing

poorer quality items from other Canadian sellers?

You might find if you list in US dollars and offer to ship to the US as well as Canada, your sales

might increase.

Just a thought.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@thenumismaticfanatic1 wrote:

People will pay more for the coin and shipping for coin I have in NM to Mint?

Who are you to say that other people are selling garbage ?

You claim they are selling the same coin !  Does that not also mean you are selling garbage ?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Some people think the higher the price the better the quality.

But the best advice here is to list in US dollars and offer the items to the American market. The US economy is still the largest in the world.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply