actions to protect your seller rating

I got email from eBay stating:

Hi (my first name),

We know you work hard to deliver great service to your customers -- and to keep the well-deserved benefits associated with your seller performance rating. That's why we have clear policies in place to make sure the system works as intended, and why we remove any impacts to your record when we know a buyer did not adhere to these policies.

We wanted you to know that in the last 1 month -- prior to your February performance evaluation now reflected in your seller dashboard -- we took the following action to benefit your account: Removed 1 buyer protection cases Note that these removals were the result of patterns identified by eBay's detection systems and/or cumulative reports from you and other sellers. They may be related to transactions that occurred any time over the past several months.

You can always view your Seller Dashboard for more information on your selling performance. Please note that some d...

Did anybody had same email(s)?

Is it possible to know which exactly buyer protection case they refer to?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I also had one similar email in December I think, but it concerned a low DSR. However, it was impossible to know which buyer left me the low DSR that was removed.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

In my observations these agressive feedbacks are usually added or were intended for addition by new eBayers - they did not develop yet proper judgements... again these are only my observations.

In my case it was the person who left a NEUTRAL feedback for me.

On Jan 29th I shipped at least a dozen  of parcels and letters (first day after 2-weeks of absence).  I had buyers from Europe, USA and even from Uganda - nobody declared slow shipping...

But she did - she could not declare not sufficient  correspondence (5 emails about my absence and related delay), or not accurate description (5 photos for small book with 70 pages).

This person asked me for one Russian book and I promised her to check. I found it on the same day when I returned home, and I sent her email urging to confirm if it is EXACTLY the book she wanted and asked her to be prompt with her reply because I promised to ship the already purchased book on January 29.

She did not answer me, so I shipped the purchased book to her and placed the other book for sale in my store. And still I sent her an email "LOOK WHAT I FOUND..." pointing this book.

I assigned a price of $25 (excellent hard covered book) and it was purchased the next day by another buyer. Highest feedback was received on Feb 9.

I have copies of my correspondence with this unhappy buyer and I wrote to eBay about all this under Report a buyer program.

I do not know if anything will be done about it...

From My Computer ( Attachment 1 of 2) Video Title:  (required) Maximum allowed attachment limit reached. Uploaded Me...Join us! (function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id))...
block36(3872)View Listings actions to protect your seller rating Feb 23, 2013 07:20 PMReply |Report Abuse

I got email from eBay stating:

Hi (my first name),

We know you work hard to deliver great service to your customers -- and to keep the well-deserved benefits associated with your seller performance rating. That's why we have clear policies in place to make sure the system works as intended, and why we remove any impacts to your record when we know a buyer did not adhere to these policies.
We wanted you to know that in the last 1 month -- prior to your February performance evaluation now reflected in your seller dashboard -- we took the following action to benefit your account: Removed 1 buyer protection cases Note that these removals were the result of patterns identified by eBay's detection systems and/or cumulative reports from you and other sellers. They may be related to transactions that occurred any time over the past several months.
You can always

view your Seller Dashboard for more information on your selling performance. Please note that some d...

Did anybody had same email(s)?

Is it possible to know which exactly buyer protection case they refer to?

Thank you!

Last Post Mar 12, 2013 11:22 AM by lady.stark(188)View Listings lady.stark(188)View Listings Subscribe Ignore (1 of 1) Re: actions to protect your seller rating Mar 12, 2013 11:22 AMReply |Report Abuse

I also had one similar email in December I think, but it concerned a low DSR. However, it was impossible to know which buyer left me the low DSR that was removed.

To the topAbout eBayAnnouncementsSecurity CentreMobileBuyer ToolsPoliciesStoreseBay Wish listSite MapHelpeBay official timeCopyright © 1995-2013 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and bra...User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Sorry for this strange appearance of my email.

Please ignore text in blue color - I do not know how to fix it

Message 4 of 4
latest reply