buyer asks where his win is 3 DAYS after it was sent,

I live in Ontario, he lives in Nova Scotia. I sent it out on the 8th after 2pm, after p.u.... so it went out 2 days after he paid- he expects it on the coast 2 days later-lol.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: buyer asks where his win is 3 DAYS after it was sent,

Try living in the Yukon and having to pay more than what I received for the item because I'm worried that it's taking too long. I paid to get it there in three days versus ten and lost about $30. If it wasn't a hobby I'd be bankrupt.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@jesus-died-4-u wrote:
I live in Ontario, he lives in Nova Scotia. I sent it out on the 8th after 2pm, after p.u.... so it went out 2 days after he paid- he expects it on the coast 2 days later-lol.

Just FYI, we were hit with Hurricane Arthur here in Nova Scotia last week (Saturday to be exact), and practically the entire province was without power, internet, etc. for days.  Trees were down on roads everywhere, not only bringing power lines down but blocking a lot of major roads.  Airports were shut down for some time as well.

Without computers the Post Office wasn't operating either, so with all that mess I imagine there is a huge backlog to clear up.  Your buyer is probably expecting the usual 2 to 3 day lettermail service from Ontario, which is the norm when the weather is fine and everything is working.

You might want to email your buyer and mention that Arthur may have caused some bottlenecks in mail service around the Maritimes, and that delivery could take an extra few days.  He could probably call his local P.O. to see exactly what sort of backlog they have and what their estimates are for clearing it out. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Or, if they live there, they should know about the weather, and not be so ridiculous in their requests.  This screams "Buyer Protection Abuse" - hope you don't get screwed!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

This happened during Hurricane Sandy. Folks were complaining that their precious widget had not arrived. "Um, er, look outside. What do you see? Are the roads closed? All public services stopped? Airports closed? Public emergency declared? All postal and parcel services suspended?"

It was beyond incomprehensible. Folks figured that as long as they had internet, their parcels should arrive.
Photobucket
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

It was beyond incomprehensible. Folks figured that as long as they had internet, their parcels should arrive.

Yes, that's exactly what I came up against with Hurricane Sandy too.  People thought that just because theyor their neighbourhood were untouched or had power and services, so did the rest of the disaster zone.  This may be the OP's buyer's problem.  I'd send him a note as a bit of a wake-up (ever so politely of course Woman Very Happy).

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Doesn't surprise me that he is from Nova Scotia and also doesn't surprise me he would still expect it on time even with the loss of power, mail delays and blocked roads. And yes I too live in Nova Scotia

Some people just don't understand. Like eBays customer service reps for example. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Well, MC, I have a hard time understanding you. Perhaps it is your accent?

Photobucket
Message 8 of 8
latest reply