combined payments and shipping discount error...

Received a message from Australian buyer from ebay.com.au wanting to combine more than one item. Had to direct them to ebay.ca to combine. Nothing to do with my settings. Just another prime example of something that does not work as it should and potentially damaging sales yet again.

The seller does not offer combined shipping discounts
The seller has disallowed combined payments and shipping discounts. Please proceed to checkout to complete your purchase.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

the last 4 days have had massive combining item issues, not sure why ebay does not correlate drastic low sales days with the combining function amongst international buyers and domestic buyers.

Maybe they want people only to use the GSP to ship internationally so they can make a higher cut of each transaction. It does not make sense for such a major issue to be ongoing for over 3 years, they are very aware of it and choose to act slowly if even at all for the problem, it is almost like self sabatoge looking from the outside but who knows what is really going on.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

xeposter
Community Member

@merritt-motorcycle-salvage wrote:

Received a message from Australian buyer from ebay.com.au wanting to combine more than one item. Had to direct them to ebay.ca to combine. Nothing to do with my settings. Just another prime example of something that does not work as it should and potentially damaging sales yet again.

The seller has disallowed combined payments and shipping discounts. Please proceed to checkout to complete your purchase.

Are you asking for help about how to set combined shipping discounts...or are you just here to tell us that there is some error with it?

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Combined shipping and cart have been a disaster forever and Ebay refuses to fix it.

They make more money off shipping % and Paypal makes more money from transaction fees.

Sellers have been complaining about this for a very long time with no resolution in sight.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Explain to the buyer that there is a problem with combined shipping and that you will be sending them a corrected Paypal invoice. Remind them that PP's Buyer Protection program is just as strong as eBay's.*

Then make a Request Money invoice with the eBay transaction numbers in the Description.

When she pays that, manually mark the items Paid.

Ship.

EASY.png

* In some ways it's stronger-- it last 180 days from purchase for example. The only drawback for a buyer is that she cannot return an unwanted item on the seller's dime, but she couldn't do that unless both of you were in the same country anyway, so that's a wash.

You don't need to tell her those details.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Quick question about money to EBay on the shipping:

Do I pay more in fees on:

item FVF ($100 for example) + FVF on shipping ($15 for example)

or

item FVF ($115)  with FREE Shipping

I have tried to scour my invoice and my head exploded.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

WIth no TRS dicount you'd pay the same

With the TRS discount the "Shipping included in the price" one would have a non store subsciber lower fee of .30, or a store subscriber lower fee between .12 and .27 depending on the category

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

hlmacdon
Community Member

Spot on. The system is hosed and damaging for anyone with a decent attach rate.

Competitors measure cart abandonment in milliseconds for a reason.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

LMFAO love how the moderater moves this from SITE ISSUES where is belongs to seller central. Let me hold up the rug while you sweep it underneath. What a JOKE.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

LMFAO love how the moderater moves this from SITE ISSUES where is belongs to seller central. Let me hold up the rug while you sweep it underneath. What a JOKE.

Dear Sir,

All devs are currently occupied adding new features nobody likes nor requested. We recommend all sellers follow best practices and add free shipping to all listings, regardless of cost or location. Our data shows buyers love free shipping, regardless of how much extra it costs them for multi-item purchases. Kindly consider using the extra margin gained from bilking your customers to upgrade your store to an anchor store for convenient access to a level 5 call center semi representative.

Regards

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@hlmacdon wrote:

Dear Sir,

All devs are currently occupied adding new features nobody likes nor requested. We recommend all sellers follow best practices and add free shipping to all listings, regardless of cost or location. Our data shows buyers love free shipping, regardless of how much extra it costs them for multi-item purchases. Kindly consider using the extra margin gained from bilking your customers to upgrade your store to an anchor store for convenient access to a level 5 call center semi representative.

Regards

You are kidding me right? Please tell me you are joking?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply