how to get .COM sales?

katiusciav
Community Member
i guess you need to be registered with ebay.com to get their promotional emails? if so, is there any other way of finding out when their sales are, so we can use them? or would it not work for us since we're registered with .ca???
maybe a stupid question, i don't know...
Kat
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

how to get .COM sales?

jakeeangel
Community Member
Judy, I just don't like listing on .ca for several reasons. I do not ship with Canada Post. I ship with USPS and prefer having those shipping options showing in my listings which mainly sell to Americans. I don't get very many Canadian customers so I'm not going to tailor my listings to them when I don't sell to them. I sell to mostly Americans and it's faster, better, more efficient for me to have the USPS shipping options in my listing and cater to their needs than the 1 - 3% of my Canadian customers. It's not worth the hassle for me.

You cannot get on eBay Express unless you show your location as being in the US and you actually ship from there. No Canadian can unless they ship from the US and show their location as such. eBay Canada isn't allowed on, can't get on eBay Express.

I have a US eBay ID and I don't get the announcements emailed to me but I do get the promos through signing up to the eBay.com Announcements group. I always get those. Have you signed up there Recped? Try that out and see if it works.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 21 of 23
latest reply

how to get .COM sales?

Thanks Debbi. That is what I wanted to know. I didn't think we could get on eBay Express through .ca. I also have some wholesalers in the U.S. whose products I am interested in selling on eBay. The U.S. would be my targeted market.

I would like to continue selling (on eBay.ca) the products I have now. Would it be a good idea to get a second ID to sell the other products on .com? How many user I.D's are you allowed to have? I would like those .com sales too!

Thanks for your help.
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

how to get .COM sales?

ciderantiques
Community Member
How to be notified by ebay.com. . . . Let me know if you find a way.... the response I have been given is always negative. Ebay.com will not send you notices of their promotional days because you are not registered with them, and Canadians must register with ebay.ca. You can still list on ebay.com and will be charged the promotional price. Unfortunately you have to check the .com site daily to find out about it (and read the small print for each promotion). So far I have always been given the reduced pricing on the ebay.com sale days.
Message 23 of 23
latest reply