i am thinking we should start a sub category , for assumed lost stolen packages..???

just wondering if ebay frowns on us starting a category, for us as sellers to report people who claim,,an item wasn't received..

i realize there are mistakes made, BUT when i send an item with the paypal address i receive with payment, the item should either arrive successfully, or be returned to me.... 

This year i have had 4 items be claimed as not received..and of course sent without tracking, because they were under my 50$ threshold for tracking..

so when i ship an item with the address provided by paypal , why is it they don't believe i sent it, because it wasn't tracked..

in Canada you can't put tracking on 10$ items..it isn't practical..

so long story short, ebay and paypal believes every buyer, who claims an item isn't received, who makes a claim, that isn't backed up with tracking..

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

i am thinking we should start a sub category , for assumed lost stolen packages..???

so when i ship an item with the address provided by paypal , why is it they don't believe i sent it, because it wasn't tracked..

Nobody is questioning if you sent it or not, they (the buyer AND eBay) want to know if it was delivered. Your obligation is to deliver not to simply ship.

the item should either arrive successfully, or be returned to me.... 

Yeah it "should" but it won't if a) it's stolen, b) destroyed in transit, c) delayed for an unreasonable amount of time and then delivered long after the claim has been made, d) delivered to the wrong address.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@recped wrote:

Nobody is questioning if you sent it or not, they (the buyer AND eBay) want to know if it was delivered. Your obligation is to deliver not to simply ship.

the item should either arrive successfully, or be returned to me.... 

Yeah it "should" but it won't if a) it's stolen, b) destroyed in transit, c) delayed for an unreasonable amount of time and then delivered long after the claim has been made, d) delivered to the wrong address.

e) buyer is a thief and lies when they received the item on time.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I hear your frustration. We're supposed to trust ebay and paypal to watch for buyers who make an unlikely number of claims and to protect us with sanctions against those people all while working behind the scenes. 

I use tracking on everything now but for a few items that ship lettermail. It has impeded my sales a bit but I sleep better at night. The final straw on Small Packets Airmail for me was last Christmas when an Item Not Received claim was refunded and then followed with sarcastic feedback received and the member in question listing it for sale themselves. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply