if it doesn't appear that i will get a decent price @ auction, can i set a base price after initial

is there a penalty for cancelling or can i set anew base price after original listing

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

if it doesn't appear that i will get a decent price @ auction, can i set a base price after initial

@binderdundatspike wrote:

is there a penalty for cancelling or can i set anew base price after original listing

If the auction has no bids there is no penalty to cancel or modify.

With bids, I think you are allowed to cancel bids and end an auction early without penalty once a year.

You should always start the auction at the lowest price you are willing to accept.

Very few auctions are worth starting at 99 cents because for most items these days you are lucky to get one bidder. 99 cents auctions worked 12 years ago, not now.

-..-

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You have 2 auctions currently listed. You should END the second auction while there are no bids on it and then relist the item with either a higher opening bid and/or a RESERVE price.

For your other auction you already have a bid ~ you either have to let the auction run it's course and hope more bidders show up or run the risk of letting the item sell for 99cents ~ or you can END the listing but you will have to CANCEL the bids first and then end the auction ~ and then relist it with a higher opening bid and/or a reserve price. 

endauction.PNG

You might also want to consider shipping to Canada & USA only to start instead of worldwide. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

end2.PNG

end1.PNG

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Weeellllllll--

I don't like auctions myself and rarely use them BUT.

Most bids arrive in the last few hours of an auction. Even the last few seconds.

If you would be satisfied with the opening* bid, just leave it.

Since you have no bids at the moment, you can REVISE your listing to increase the opening bid to one you would be content to get.

Auctions that have no bids may have watchers.

Auctions may also have snipers, who have set electronic bids with various companies to be executed within seconds of the end of the auction.

In future, look for the Fixed Price option in the dropdown menu on the Sell Your Item form.

Over 85% of eBay transactions are now Fixed Price.

Get the price you want..

I'm not in dis bidness fo my healt , you know -- Waiter at the low dive where I met my husband in 1967.

*EBay stupidly (very stupidly) tells newbies to set opening bids low. Dumb move. Set the opening bid at a price you would be content to recieve.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply