negative feedback for dishonest sellers

On a couple of occasions, I wanted to leave negative feedbacks within the stipulated ebay period, the site  automatically defaulted to saying the item was not found or I have already left feedbacks. The items are still in ORDERS and I have not done the feedbacks yet. I believe this is intentional to  protect wayward sellers. Maybe that is also  the way to perpetuate sales for profit. Any comments, please.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@osprey2389 wrote:

On a couple of occasions, I wanted to leave negative feedbacks within the stipulated ebay period, the site  automatically defaulted to saying the item was not found or I have already left feedbacks.

Stipulated eBay period is 60 days from the time the listing ended (I think they round to the nearest second).

If eBay says you already left feedback, then check your Feedback profile, and select Feedback left for others -- and see who you have left feedback for -- if nothing is there for that seller then complain to eBay about the issue.

There are also cases where neither seller or buyer can leave feedback, but eBay should give you that as the reason to deny you leaving feedback.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

So, what was the problem you wanted to complain about?

The item did not arrive?

You have 45 days to open an Item Not Received dispute and get your money back.

The item was not as described?

You have 45 days to open an Item Not As Described dispute and, once you can prove the seller has the item back, you get your money back.*

The seller strung you along until the eBay dispute period had passed?

You may have 180 days to open a Dispute through Paypal. Or you can go to the credit card that you really paid with and start a chargeback.

Nothing annoys a dishonest seller than having to give the money back.

And between eBay and Paypal his behaviour is on record.

You have only 60 days to leave feedback and the more important Detailed Seller Ratings.

If you let that pass, you can still add a Response to any feedback he may have left you. And there is no time limit on Responses.  Like the most effective feedback, the most effective Response is calm and factual.

*Note that if the seller does not refund you promptly on receiving the return, Paypal will and go after him for their money.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply