pools and pool floaters, in above ground pools section, has anyone else been scammed BEWARE

new pool sellers, sell 5 items,  no return emails at all, bogus tracking numbers, item never shows, no feedback from any of the 5 sales and then the seller unregisters from ebay. BEWARE BUYERS.  I was a fool and played the game a lot.  Miracle I won many pools, floaters for my grandchildren and nothing at all.  Ebay pays back, but its very disappointing.  You have to wait over 2 months to get

your money back.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: pools and pool floaters, in above ground pools section, has anyone else been scammed BEWARE

@3505brenda wrote:

new pool sellers, sell 5 items,  no return emails at all, bogus tracking numbers, item never shows, no feedback from any of the 5 sales and then the seller unregisters from ebay.

A couple things that will give you a hint that a transaction could be iffy is when, as you say, they are new sellers from China offering large inflatable swimming pools delivered to Canada 'free' and all for a total of only $6.50.  You would be more likely to get your item if you shop using Buy it Now from sellers who have been around a while and have received feedback from other buyers of the same item. 

It is true that on eBay you have to wait for the last delivery date to pass before you can file a claim.  Unfortunately this makes scammers think they have time to run off with the money.  You CAN, however, file a claim on PayPal well before that. 

You probably already know the dates, but as a quick refresher,

on eBay a buyer has 30 days after that LAST delivery date to file an eBay claim

on PayPal a buyer has 180 days from when it was PAID to file a claim.

If the seller has been removed from eBay after you have bought & paid, it means they were a bad seller and eBay finally caught up with them.  Mention in your claim that the seller is  Not a Registered User.  It will speed up your refund. 

And now I have a question for you.  Why would you leave positive feedback on a transaction you were so unhappy with? 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: pools and pool floaters, in above ground pools section, has anyone else been scammed BEWARE

The Paypal Resolution Centre is under Tools at the top of your PP account page.

You need the PP transaction number.

Ignore the suggestion to contact the seller.

Escalate immediately to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If it sounds too good to be true, it's too good to be true.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply