seller won't sell item at winning bid. Says item is no longer available. What can I do?

Is this a form of price fixing?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

seller won't sell item at winning bid. Says item is no longer available. What can I do?

EBay gave your seller a Defect for Out Of Stock, and those have a strong impact on the seller's account.

Those impacts include restrictions on the number and value of the listings he can make and if he does it 'too often' his account can be closed.

You can help other buyers by leaving appropriate Feedback.

The most effective feedback is calm and factual.

"refused sale, claimed out of stock" for example

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Bad seller pratice, for my sugestion find another seller/deal

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@susanjanebird wrote:

Is this a form of price fixing?

Does not fit the definition of "price fixing".

Possibly the seller wants to sell at a higher price, but also possibly, it really is no longer available. Only if you see it relisted at a higher price from the seller will you know if they lied and just wanted a higher price.

Seller does gets a black mark on their eBay selling record for not having it available. Too many black marks and the seller is penalized. Proper seller procedure if an item becomes not-available is to close the auction before it ends.

If you have not paid, then move on to better organized sellers.

If you have paid, make sure your money is properly refunded, then ignore the seller.

-..-

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

EBay gave your seller a Defect for Out Of Stock, and those have a strong impact on the seller's account.

Those impacts include restrictions on the number and value of the listings he can make and if he does it 'too often' his account can be closed.

You can help other buyers by leaving appropriate Feedback.

The most effective feedback is calm and factual.

"refused sale, claimed out of stock" for example

Message 4 of 4
latest reply