things buyer bought is not with him but from others

Hi All,

How can ebay allows sellers of an items that buyer bought but later says that the same item is not from him but will be sent to buyer from other country.isnt this a clear cut fraud??? Ebey is about things that u geniunely wanted to get rid off and not to cheat the poor buyer.

Worst ! seller makes away with hundereds of dollars by lying to buyer that the things the buyer bought would takes a month to arrive by surface mail by the time already 45 days past, ebay will not help poor buyer to get a refund.

Now as for me  to buy hundereds of dollars worth of goods  in ebay is a thing of the past as i had had 2 bad experience whereby i am unable to get a refund back. the best thing is that the seller can relist the item I already bought. funny isnt it?? ask ebay to take action is a no point issue.. so to others who wants to buy  $100 and above please think twice before u do... tracking number is a big fraud too.. no point giving poor buyer tracking number but things they bought didnt arrive at all... pls take note that these fraud sellers normally sells shoes and swords...... and its real !!!

Felt cheated !!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hello '2012borhan',

What you describe - waiting endlessly for an item that never arrives - happens to just about

everyone when they're new to ebay.

The problem is two-fold, - we lack the necessary familiarity with the system and we were brought up

to value honesty, trust, decency, and fair play.

It consequently makes us vulnerable to those people who have greater moral flexibility

than we do.

You now know about the 45 day deadline.  Take it seriously.  International orders can indeed

take a long time, but if you have no item and no refund, open a claim no later than day 43

after the listing ended.  You've seen this information page about it:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html#steps

Never let anyone delay you past that deadline.  They will promise a refund, they will promise

to resend the item.  If you have no item and no money, - open the claim and do not close it

until you have one or the other.

There are a few sellers who will provide fake tracking numbers, or postal receipt numbers to

fool you into thinking they can 'track' it, - but it doesn't matter.  If they cannot provide a number

to prove Delivery Confirmation to your door (you have got the correct address set up, right?)

you will get refunded by your claim.

Additionally, when you spend hundreds of dollars on an item, - do not opt for 'Surface' mail.

You're right, it takes about 2 months to arrive.  That is why so few sellers use it, - because

even if buyers agree, too often they panic and open a claim by day 45.

You yourself should have been highly suspicious of a seller who would be willing to ship such

a valuable item by 'Surface' mail.  In future, pay a little extra to have it sent tracked.

After all, how much did you really 'save' at this point?

Never trust anyone else to look after your money for you, -- it's up to you to do that.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

How can ebay allows sellers of an items that buyer bought but later says that the same item is not from him but will be sent to buyer from other country.isnt this a clear cut fraud???

No.

It is called 'dropshipping' and is neither encouraged nor discouraged by eBay. The only problem is when the seller lists an item with his own location instead of the item location.

For example, if he says the item is in Cincinnati when it will be shipped from Hong Kong.

This is deceptive, and the seller can be Reported for it.

Ebey is about things that u geniunely wanted to get rid off and not to cheat the poor buyer.

Well,no.

While there is still a 'garage sale' element to eBay, and experienced sellers encourage newbies to start with unwanted household items, more and more full-time businesses, including Toys'R'Us and GoodWill Industries, use eBay as a venue to reach customers.

Most Asian sellers are full-time (and respectable) businesses.

My family has a small business with a B&M shop, but we list over 15,000 items from our shop stock on eBay as well as on our own website, on specialized hobby sites and here on eBay.

None of these are set up to cheat the buyer. We all want your repeat business.

i had had 2 bad experience whereby i am unable to get a refund back. the best thing is that the seller can relist the item I already bought.

Please give the transaction numbers. (We cannot 'name and shame" other members.)

You have up to 45 days to file a Dispute for Item Not Recieved. After that deadline, neither eBay nor Paypal can help you.

BUT

Go to the credit card you actually paid with. (PP is just the mediator for the payment) There will be a 1-800 number on the card or on your cc invoice.

Call Customer Service and ask about a chargeback. The clerk will need your transaction numbers, dates and the payment amounts.

Tracking numbers are not for the buyer. A tracking number is used by the SELLER to prove that an item has been delivered if there is a Dispute filed with Paypal. Since there was no delivery in your case, the tracking number will not help the seller. It is never useful to the buyer.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

In future, pay a little extra to have it sent tracked.

I disagree about having the item sent 'tracked'. The buyer should pay to have it sent AIR MAIL.

However, most tracked services are Air Mail. Not all, but most.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

<<I disagree about having the item sent 'tracked'.>>

You're entitled to disagree, if even for disagreement's sake.

<<The buyer should pay to have it sent AIR MAIL.

However, most tracked services are Air Mail. Not all, but most.>>

Ah, yes, -- "most tracked services are Air Mail", . . . .  but,   not all Air Mail is tracked.

People who are concerned about being able to see where their items are, - perfectly

natural when it's their money, - should be willing to pay a little extra to have them tracked,

whether coming through the post or by courier.  The 'peace of mind' gained is invaluable.

Not all Air Mail is tracked, and it is important for people to know and understand the

difference.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I think we basically agree.

To me, tracking may be useful and important to the seller, but is a waste of money to the buyer.

This is because the seller may need Proof of Delivery to win a specious Item Not Recieved dispute, but a buyer whose parcel was delivered to the wrong address (I got a free bicycle from UPS once!)* can lose a valid case because DC shows the item was delivered, somewhere.

Most Letter rate mail goes Air Mail, and of course that is one untracked service. I use it a lot with a mixture of self-insurance and 3rdparty insurance. Insurance is another option that benefits the seller more than the buyer.

*It was meant to go to a houseful of students with the same house number one street north and one block west of mine. The bike was in the back yard behind a gate. And yes, I returned it. I'm too short to use a man's bike. Woman Tongue

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

<<To me, tracking may be useful and important to the seller, but is a waste of money to the buyer.>>

That's because you're thinking like a seller.  Smiley Happy

But to someone who has made a purchase, certainly one which the customer considers

to be substantial, - that customer wants to know where it is.  S/he wants to see that it is on its

way, - and not wait blindly in the dark, counting the days on a calendar.

I very much like tracking, -- when I see an item has left Richmond I know it will be on my doorstep

the next day.  If I can't be home, I'll arrange for someone to be here instead. 

Very useful, that tracking.

Sellers speak of Delivery Confirmation because they are concerned about false claims.

They know they sent the item and don't much care where it is.

Buyer's speak of Tracking because they want to see it is enroute and may like to make

arrangements to receive it, especially if someone will need to sign.

So what matters to the purchaser is where it is and knowing when it will arrive.  What

matters to a seller is the final notation, "Delivered".

Not all Air Mail is tracked, - parcels as well as lettermail.  Britain's Royal Mail currently offers

a Small Packet rate for items with a declared value of less than £20 without tracking/DC.

For just over £5 one can opt for signature confirmation (Signed-for) or tracked with

delivery confirmation (Airsure).

Untracked parcels arrive (in Canada) with a barcode sticker from Canada Post which simply

reads "No Delivery Scan".

Anyone purchasing an order and wanting to have it tracked, from whichever county, should be

prepared to pay for the speedier tracked services.  No fair choosing slow-poke cheap-o post

and then complaining because they don't know if and when it's coming.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Tracking saves me time and money as a buyer when receiving items from the US, using USPS FCMI services.

The packages are scanned as delivered when I receive them at the PO.

The few GSP tracked packages have been a different story .

Message 8 of 8
latest reply