wHY DOES EBAY PROTECT THE BUYERS AND NOT THE SELLER.

I`m very disappointed with ebay and I wonder why they protect the buyer and not the seller. I sold a item to someone living almost to the North Pole he purchase a item from me for 25.00 and it cost me 25.00 to ship it to him. He received the item he says was broken and he never wanted to take insurance on the item and now left me negative feedback even though I offered a full refund even though he never wanted to purchase insurance for this item. I contacted ebay feedback forum and they refuse to remove feedback even though I offered a full refund. I`m very disappointed with ebay and I will be removing all of my listing and cancelling my account after nine years with them. Buyer as all the protection and the sellers have none.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

What does where it went to have anything to do with anything? Charging extra for insurance is a selling violation.

eBay provides sellers with the tools to protect themselves.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

"I`m very disappointed with ebay and I will be removing all of my listing and cancelling my account after nine years with them."

???

You will "quit" eBay because a relatively new buyer received a broken $10 mug and left negative feedback as a result.

Good Luck selling your products anywhere else.

By the way, insurance protects sellers not buyers.  If an item is damaged in transit, the seller gets to make the claim and will receive the money, not the buyer.  If you feel you need to purchase insurance on $10 items, maybe mail order is not for you.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Pierre! Ya had me rolling in the aisle with that response.

I have a five metre test throw. I package so that I can throw my parcels from the basement, up to the main floor, maybe bounce off the wall, w/o breaking.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Breakables require special consideration when packing in preparation for shipping.

Canada Post insurance does not cover breakage... just loss..

Breakables can break in transit....Parcel carefully....

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

I have a five metre test throw.

Some philosophy adopted by the Bombers & Vikings quarterbacks this year.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Do not forget the "Fragile" stickers... or are they considered targets.....

One on each side of the  box... six in total

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

BB LOL  Iike that one

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Have a better one.

PA Announcer addresses the crowd " For the women babysitting the twelve kids, please pick them up, they're beating the Bombers twenty four to nothing.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

For $25.00 shipping, surely you can ship it with insurance and also to pack it VERY WELL!  It shows clearly you didn't pack it very well.  Hard lesson learned.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

If it was indeed broken. Some buyers try to scam the seller by saying it was broken, when it wasn't. Was the mug returned?
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Or a photo of the broken mug is often just as good.

He received the item he says was broken and he never wanted to take insurance on the item and now left me negative feedback even though I offered a full refund even though he never wanted to purchase insurance for this item.

Canada Post services are either insured or not insured. You can't add insurance to a service that is not insured.

You can use a service like shipsurance.com which will insure one off shipments. I don't use them myself, but they get good reviews for cost and service from many posters.

Or you can self-insure by adding a small amount to every shipping charge, a couple of pennies for something like my paperbacks to maybe a dime for china smalls, in a 'virtual cookie jar' to make up for the occasional claim. The customer is unhappy, you refund, he leaves positive feedback and you are covered by those dimes in the cookie jar.

However, packaging is more important.

The five metre throw is probably exaggerated (although considering the source....)

A long time ago I attended an eBay seminar given in conjunction with Canada Post. The CP rep told us that their highly mechanized terminals mean that parcels, which can weigh upwards of 20kilos, are running along conveyor belts. Because some of those belts are also handling bulky packages , from time to time moving from one belt to another means a two foot drop.

So your mug might drop two feet and then have a 20 kilo package land on top of it.

No postal kickball involved.

Packaging must be able to withstand this.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Off topic for now,

Merry Christmas to all board contributors.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

What I would like is to meet up with you like that one

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

I did pack it well with bubble wrap It left Ontario and went all the way to Nunavit.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply

BB!

wpgbb.png

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Like that one.

Do you have one for the Vikings also ?

Slightly better than the Bombers this year. They have quarterbacks, just no offensive line to protect them.

Lot of hugs for the Coach Frazier at the end of the game yesterday.

I guess he knew it was coming.

He was canned this morning.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Vikings and Bombers have been a carousel of bringing people in one door and shooting them out the other. Mgmt, coaches, players. Zero continuity.

How do they commit themselves, emotionally, when every day they are waiting to get fired?

Don't have a Vikings one. I forget where I got this one from.
Photobucket
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Both teams are a mess the last couple of years.

Still my teams though.

BTW, sitting at -39 with the wind chill right now.

I see Cumos is posting, I guess he doesn't want to go out also.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Misplaced my gloves....Had to buy a new pair.... and do a little shopping... this morning   

Two days ago it was a definite   ....White Out. ...  from my 4th floor apartment window 

Today it was like driving a ... Road, laced with Potholes, ridges,  and rough valleys...

My little ... Red Machine... did not like it out there....

Message 20 of 26
latest reply