Bought an items on Ebay has been stuck at the Shipping Hub for a week with no updates?

I bought an item on eBay, from the US. It got to the shipping hub in 2 days. It is now been a week, and all it says has Arrived at shipping hub. No further updates.

I bought 3 items 1 came from the US 1 from Singapore, and 1 from China. Both of the other packages have arrived.

The US one is still stuck? and I can find no way to get an update.

This is the second time this has happened, last time it never arrived and was deemed lost.

I am now keeping an eye, and if I see an item using Ebays shipping... I prefer to not use it. Since items are either very delayed or never arrive.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Bought an items on Ebay has been stuck at the Shipping Hub for a week with no updates?

The ebay shipping program from the USA can be quite slow.  ebay shipping from the UK it is much faster. My brother sees 1-2 weeks delivery times for the UK versus 2-4 weeks for the USA.

Just keep track of when delivery is promised and open an INR claim if it hasn't moved/arrived by the end of the delivery time range.

-;-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

I'm not clear on whether you're concerned that your item has no tracking past the eBay International Shipping hub in Illinois or if you're concerned that you haven't received your item after the last estimated date of delivery. 

Tracking only tells you where an item has been, not where it is.  Your item may have moved on from the eIS hub but for whatever reason, subsequent tracking scans haven't been transmitting to eBay.  (This seemed to happen sometimes with the old Global Shipping Program system, for what it's worth.)  One reason I don't generally get bent out of shape about following tracking information is that I've concluded that knowing the last recorded scan location of my item doesn't change the fact that I haven't received it. 

I doubt your first item was actually lost and I suspect this one wasn't, either.  There have been a few posts on this board and the .com discussion boards that suggest that items with lithium ion batteries pose a logistical challenge for eIS and they tend to dead-end at the eIS hubs.  Is there something about either item that could prove problematic for this quirky system to forward to Canada, do you think?

What's the last estimated date of delivery for this item, anyway?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply