Common search filters not appearing

avamu69
Community Member
I commonly buy baseball cards on eBay and use multiple filters to refine what I see. However I noticed today that subcategories of the “Sports Trading Cards” filter such as baseball, basketball, etc are not appearing. Also, the common “Era” filter - to choose modern or vintage - is also unavailable. Did eBay change their search filters?? This makes searching for the right cards very difficult and unrefined.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Seems like the entire Sports Cards section is completely broken. No categories to choose from, can't search and all my old stored searches are broken as well.

Trying to select "Ice Hockey Cards" as you used to, no longer works.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Might be a search problem caused by the Spring 2021 update when eBay said they "will release updates to our category structure from 11 May 2021."

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yeah, it's definitely related to that, but the new categories aren't working, the new combined categories are just awful, and saved searches no longer work.

If eBay is tryuing to reduce sales, this is a great way to go about it.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

An eBay rep may be able to tell you what's going on with that.  You can ask about it in the weekly chat. It's open now and usually closes late Wednesday morning.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/May-12-2021-Weekly-Session/m-p/458765#M852

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

There's a lot of screaming and angst on the dotCOM Boards.

No idea if this is a glitch or if it is a permanent change-- with no notice.

Seems like a really bad idea.

tyler@ebay 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

im having the same search problem,,& my fav of players i like to look for doesnt work....i have to look at all?....will ebay see this ?  and will they fix it...please fix it ebay!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply