Craziest NAD case ever!

johnpbee
Community Member

I have been on what I'd call a roller coaster ride of a case for the better part of two weeks now, and things just keep getting crazier!

After what looked like a turmulous start, I managed to open a mitem not as described case where the seller (who is overseas) agreed to send me a PayPal payment to pay a shipping label.

Following this, the seller and I entered into a discussion on whether or not I could keep the item, to which I informed him that I would look into the cost of repairing it - this was our last correspondance as I was looking into the matter...

Fast-forward to today, I woke-up to several emails in my inbox relating to my eBay account regarding verifying my identity, about my account being temporarily locked, and reseting my password, etc, etc.

Following this, I also received a PayPal message regarding a transaction dispute in PayPal - of which, the details were in Chinese, along with a picture of the item stating 'case closed' ...

I then logged-into my eBay account - without issue, and found that my NAD case has been closed!
I then called eBay support, and was told that 'the case was closed by myself'!
I proceeded to tell the support personnel that I did not close the case, and that this case was very much in progress...

The support personnel then transfered me to another dept. who then informed me that the matter would be investigated.

Now, I'm not one to be paranoid, but this is quite possible the strangest experienced I have ever had with eBay - bar none

As I recount the history and details of this case, there are all sorts of strange anomalies - such as;

When then the case was first opened, and though it was filed as INAD, the case mysteriously changed to a 'remorse' refund - as the support personnel called it

Following this, and after this was corrected, I received another mysterious message from the appeals dept. stating that I asked to appeal the case - to which I responded, that I had done no such thing

Until finally now, where the case is mysteriously closed, and where the seller in question, followed-up with a PayPal dispute following the closer of said case - which is all so very bizzar to say the least

At any rate, and without making any accusations, I can't help but feel as though this is the weirding experience that I have ever had on eBay in all of my years of shopping, which must amount to nearly 17 years by now.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Craziest NAD case ever!

You still have the opportunity to get a refund through Paypal.

But.

PP will insist that you return the item with tracking to China and pay for the shipping yourself.

I suspect that your offer to repair rather than return the item was interpreted by the 'bots as dropping the 'return for refund' case and turning it into 'remorse'.

It's a chance we all take when we buy used goods, which may not be as good as described, or from overseas, where correcting problems becomes expensive.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Craziest NAD case ever!

johnpbee
Community Member

Sorry for the confusion - the details in my initial post are not very clear

With that said, the case in question, was 'returned to NAD' by a support personnel who discovvered that it was originally filed as 'Item not as described', and that it was now listing as 'Buyer Remorse' - she had no idea how this happened and assured me that it would be fixed.

Following this, the case was returned to NAD and continued as such until it was mysteriously closed today, not by myself of course, as I was in the process of getting back to the seller with added information - as can be seen in my correspondance with the seller

And so to sumarized the bizzar nature of this case, I would posit the following;

1. Case type changed without explaination...

2. Case appealed without explaination...

3. Case closed without explaination...

Hope this helps clear things-up

Message 3 of 3
latest reply