How to file not as described...

I purchased an electric blanket. It does not heat. I sent a return request. The seller asked for a picture. I replied that I am old...I do not  have a digital camera or cell phone with one.  I told the seller it looks perfect so a photo will show nothing.  A few emails have transpired and still they insist on a photo which would not show that it will not heat. The return request now says...

"We'll send you an email when the seller responds to your request. If you have not agreed on a solution or the seller has not responded by Sep 24, 2018, you can ask us to step in and help."

It is Sept 24. How do I ask eBay to step in. I see no link to open an item not as described case. How do I open a case...or will a link eventually appear?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

September 24 is not over yet. 

"by" in this case does not mean "before" it means "by end of day"

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

As ypdc_dennis says, your option to ask ebay to step in will appear tomorrow. The seller has until the end of business day today to solve the problem with you directly, before ebay will allow you to escalate the case and ask for their assistance.

It sounds like your seller is trying to avoid responsibility for fixing this. 

ebay will help you but be sure to pay heed to their instructions on what-to-do next and whatever you do, do NOT allow the seller to sweet-talk you into 'closing your case to get a refund'. That is not how it works. That will leave you with a non-functioning blanket and no refund. 

Best of luck to you.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply