I have a question about buying a blue ray movie with digital copy

Hi, I bought a blue ray movie and it includes a DVD and digital copy. I am not familiar with the digital copy but I think I can use it on my iPad. Looking at the back of the (unopened) DVD it says that the digital copy expires in 2017. 

So does this mean that I received an copy of the movie that is not as stated or is this just something that one takes a chance with when buying an older movie? Nothing was said about it being expired but maybe this is normal when buying older movies. No point in returning and buying again if this is always the case and don’t want to be picky but just don’t know. Hoping a movie seller can enlighten me.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Almost all digital copies have use-by expiry dates.

Not As Described would be if the expiry date has not been reached and the digital copy has already been used.

If I list a movie that has digital extras I will mention when they expire (if i know).  I don't consider digital to be a selling point for movies, it's all about the physical hold-in-your hand items.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I think that is normal for the digital copy only to be available for a certain time limit. I have bought movies & not downloaded the digital copy by the expiry date & couldn't use it.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Did the seller's Item Description for your product mention the digital copy in any way? If so, what did it say, or not say about it?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@momcqueenwrote:

Did the seller's Item Description for your product mention the digital copy in any way? If so, what did it say, or not say about it?

Listing  said it included a digital copy. Thinking now that every issue of this movie will have the same date for the digital copy so probably no point in getting a replacement anyway. After all, it is being sold on a secondary market (actually I bought on eBay, it was sent via Amazon). No problem with that, eBay was cheaper anyway; I checked both sites before buying and got my 15% off from eBay too.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

My goodness.

No rant about dropshipping from AZ?

Calm acceptance of an advertised but now useless product?

Comparison shopping to find the best deal?

What alternate Community Boards have I been teleported too?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Almost all digital copies have use-by expiry dates.

Not As Described would be if the expiry date has not been reached and the digital copy has already been used.

If I list a movie that has digital extras I will mention when they expire (if i know).  I don't consider digital to be a selling point for movies, it's all about the physical hold-in-your hand items.

-..-

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@femmefan1946wrote:

My goodness.

No rant about dropshipping from AZ?

Calm acceptance of an advertised but now useless product?

Comparison shopping to find the best deal?

What alternate Community Boards have I been teleported too?

LOL femme!

actuallythe Product isn’t useless, it also contains the blue ray and a DVD, at least I hope it does, I haven’t opened it. Gift for my granddaughter. The digital copy was an extra that I thought could be used but I guess not. At least I now know not to necessarily expect a digital copy to be useable. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

As others have said, digital copies expire. The value of your hard copy is that it won't. That being said, the seller should probably have checked to see whether the digital copy was still a valid aspect of his selling point(s) on this item. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Which is why I buy DVDs. Not everything is on Netflix and all the other paid streaming services.

How else could I watch all five seasons of Two Guys, A Girl and a Pizza Place, including the web only finale? Or Season Two of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend?

With the disappearance of reruns in favour of shorter (10 week) seasons with a different show in the timeslot every six months, DVDs are the best way I know to see 'my stories'  at my leisure.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

all the copies of that movie with that upc will be like that.   If it gets rereleased it likely wont have a code.  There is no viable way for a seller listing a bunch of movies to know, and if it came with a digital copy the ebay catalog will fill that in automatically.    Same way stores can have older inventory that has expired codes.   Further, while discs play in broad regions, the codes dont, so american/canada digital movie codes wont work in the other country.

Sent from amazon it could be the sellers own inventory being fulfilled by amzn

Message 10 of 10
latest reply