I have sent a Cancellation Request message to my seller, how will I be notified of their reply?

alekh-46
Community Member

i sent a cancellation request, with the reason being that i don't need the item anymore because i found another item (i'm buying a gift for a friend!). i hope that is a good enough request, because if i have to wait till the item actually delivers to return it i'm in trouble since it isn't even delivering to my place - it's delivering to my friend's. it would be a great hassle for her. anywho, does anyone know how i will be notified of the seller's reply? do i get an email or do i have to keep checking my messages? i'm new to ebay, i apologize!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I have sent a Cancellation Request message to my seller, how will I be notified of their reply?

Are you bidding on an auction ?

You can request that your bid be cancelled, or you can retract it yourself.

Did you purchase an item which you have paid for?

The seller, if she is like most sellers, will try to get it in the mail as soon as possible. If it is in the mail, she can't get it back.

The purchase will have to be delivered and then returned to the seller, before she is required to refund you.

Note that she paid fees to eBay and to Paypal when you purchased and those will not be refunded to her.

Note that this is a Buyer Remorse situation and she is allowed to make a partial refund.

While you can refuse the shipment, it will then be considered as Undeliverable. EBay does not require the seller to refund anything on an Undeliverable shipment.

If you open a Dispute instead, you will be required to pay for  tracked return shipping.

Basically, it would be cheaper and easier just to return the other locally purchased item, or use that one as a present for someone else, , or give your friend two presents, or keep the eBay purchase for your friend's birthday.

Did you purchase an item which you have not paid for?

The seller can cancel the purchase, but she is equally able to open an Unpaid Item Dispute. When you still don't pay, she gets the fees mentioned above returned, you get a Strike on your Buying account which make it more difficult to bid or buy on eBay in future.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you so much! I purchased the order 2 days ago, Dec 20. Would you think the seller has sent it in the mail already?
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Most sellers try to get shipments into the mail within 24 hours, although they may give a longer 'handling' time.

Leaving them around unshipped means they could get lost, damaged, or forgotten.

If you paid on Sunday the 20th, it probably was in the post on Monday the 21st.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply