It looks like the normal shipping time from China to Canada exceeds the eBay guarantee period.

It takes at least 30 days for regular parcel post from China to Canada. That's longer than the eBay guarantee period. Am I right?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: It looks like the normal shipping time from China to Canada exceeds the eBay guarantee period.

@popolivecat wrote:

It takes at least 30 days for regular parcel post from China to Canada. That's longer than the eBay guarantee period. Am I right?

No. The guarantee is 30 days after the last estimated date of delivery. Not from time of purchase.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: It looks like the normal shipping time from China to Canada exceeds the eBay guarantee period.

*coins
Community Member
eBay's money back guarantee expires 30 days after the ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE.
ASAP: Always Stop And Pray

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

popolivecat wrote:

As the others have said, that is not right.  You should have a look a eBay's Buyer Protection page.  This tells you the claim time is up to 30 days from the last estimated delivery date. 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html#timeframes

Also, if you have a PayPal account, the PP claim time is 180 days from when you paid.  That is a very long time so you can easily wait for those slow-to-arrive items and not worry about being unable to get a needed refund.  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

But if you wait more than 60 days for the item to arrive you will deprived of the opportunity to leave feedback. I believe that when items do not arrive that seller should get a negative rating. So, if items don't arrive too many times it will impact that seller.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

And Paypal allows 180 days from PAYMENT  for disputes.

You could open a Dispute the day after you paid if you wanted. (But PP might tell you to allow some time for delivery too, so...)

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Don't get into a discussion with the seller.

Just ask "When was it sent? What service was used? What is the tracking number?"

If you don't get a working tracking number that shows the item is in Canada, or an immediate refund, escalate to a Claim.

Do NOT accept the bogus offer of a replacement that will never arrive.

If the seller cannot prove DELIVERY (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

seller should get a negative rating. So, if items don't arrive too many times it will impact that seller.

Feedback no longer counts against seller accounts.

And a good thing too, since only about 30 % of transactions get feedback and that is dropping. Plus FB is more likely to be left by an unhappy customer than a gruntled one.

Disputes that are not settled voluntarily by the seller DO count against him.

And I suspect that any member, buyer or seller, who is involved in 'too many' disputes probably gets the side eye from bots, if not human beings.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

robbwell wrote:

But if you wait more than 60 days for the item to arrive you will deprived of the opportunity to leave feedback. I believe that when items do not arrive that seller should get a negative rating. So, if items don't arrive too many times it will impact that seller.

I hadn't thought of negative-leaving as one of life's opportunities.  If you are really focused on giving negatives to sellers for postal delays there is nothing anyone can do or say to change that.  

I believe that sellers mail the items but these cheap items from China are often given a low priority for delivery in the host country, meaning they get stockpiled up until it is more affordable to move them to their destinations.  If you read the posts from people who buy a lot from China (I don't like paying & waiting for useless garbage so that's not me) they all say items are taking over 2 months to arrive.  The point is that ITEMS DO ARRIVE.  Eventually.  

And what about items mailed within Canada, TRACKED, that shows "Delivered" but the buyer never received it because it was stolen off their doorstep, having been left there by a CP employee?  Porch theft is surprisingly common, and one of the reasons that sellers are increasingly adding a signature requirement to the item so it does not get left on the doorstep.  

So, should the sellers of the stolen items get a negative as well?  To the buyer, the item "did not arrive".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/porch-package-thefts-1.3890920

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/dont-let-thieves-get-your-black-friday-cyber-monday-porch-pa...

http://globalnews.ca/news/1729917/union-says-thieves-responsible-for-parcel-thefts-not-mail-carriers...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply