Item arrived to GSC, delays because of New Year??

Hello friends!
Happy belated new year to everyone! Could you please help with such a problem? My purchase was shipped out and on Jan 02 arrived to the GSC in Erlanger. Today is the 5th no news at all. No mark, that the item is being processed, no email from Ebay, nothing at all. What to do? Is such a delay due to New Year overload, or the item is lost? Should I start worrying? Please help!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

In my 30 odd years in mail order I have learned to allow 20 days for delivery within North America.

Global Shipping is no different. Don't panic.

And remember the GSP is a Seller Protection program that does nothing for the buyer except charge you import fees that you probably wouldn't be charged if the seller shipped by USPS /Canada Post.

There is tracking, for the use of the GSP but it is not easy to find.

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@ossovskiy6401 wrote:

Hello friends!
Happy belated new year to everyone! Could you please help with such a problem? My purchase was shipped out and on Jan 02 arrived to the GSC in Erlanger. Today is the 5th no news at all. No mark, that the item is being processed, no email from Ebay, nothing at all. What to do? Is such a delay due to New Year overload, or the item is lost? Should I start worrying? Please help!

Hi there!  Seeing as, we're still in the new year I see nothing belated about your greetings!  Happy one back atcha!

While GSP items are tracked, being able to see that tracking online is a bit of a dicey proposition.  I suspect there are issues getting the tracking information to transmit from Pitney Bowes computer systems to eBay's.  

Having said that, all tracking tells you is the last place your item was scanned.  It may be on its way from Erlanger to the Canadian receiving hub even as we speak.  The tracking information may eventually catch up to it, or it may not.

Having said that, having that tracking information would only confirm what you already know:  You don't have your item.  I'm not sure where you are in Canada, but RNS's advice is the same as mine.  I wouldn't worry too much about your item until at least three weeks have past.  After that, if there's no further information online about your item come back here and we can pass along some toll-free numbers that some users have used with success to contact Pitney Bowes directly about their items' status.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

In my 30 odd years in mail order I have learned to allow 20 days for delivery within North America.

Global Shipping is no different. Don't panic.

And remember the GSP is a Seller Protection program that does nothing for the buyer except charge you import fees that you probably wouldn't be charged if the seller shipped by USPS /Canada Post.

There is tracking, for the use of the GSP but it is not easy to find.

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@ossovskiy6401 wrote:

Hello friends!

Hi there!  Seeing as, we're still in the new year I see nothing belated about your greetings!  Happy one back atcha!

While GSP items are tracked, being able to see that tracking online is a bit of a dicey proposition.  I suspect there are issues getting the tracking information to transmit from Pitney Bowes computer systems to eBay's.  

Having said that, all tracking tells you is the last place your item was scanned.  It may be on its way from Erlanger to the Canadian receiving hub even as we speak.  The tracking information may eventually catch up to it, or it may not.

Having said that, having that tracking information would only confirm what you already know:  You don't have your item.  I'm not sure where you are in Canada, but RNS's advice is the same as mine.  I wouldn't worry too much about your item until at least three weeks have past.  After that, if there's no further information online about your item come back here and we can pass along some toll-free numbers that some users have used with success to contact Pitney Bowes directly about their items' status.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks guys!!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply