LONG (4 MONTH SHIPPING) want to cancel but seller won’t reply

I ordered a item on Feb 3. And the estimated shipping time is April 22 till June 10. This is a crazy long estimated time. When I went to buy the item it said something like 50-60 or 59+ days. I was find with those numbers cause I expected to be waiting for 2 months but once I paid for the item. Shipping estimated is 4 months away. That’s too long. I tried contacting seller to cancel and they won’t cancel

What should I do?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You can't open an Item Not Received Dispute on eBay for this until the last day of that  delivery window has passed.

However, you can open an INR dispute with Paypal for 180 days after payment.

PP may want to wait to refund you until the seller has a chance to deliver the item.

Note that if you open a PP dispute,you will not be allowed to open an eBay dispute, because eBay would look at that as an attempt at double dipping.

OTOH, a failed eBay dispute still allows for a PP dispute.

There is a third possibility which is that you backed your PP account with a credit card. You can try doing a chargeback with the card.

While card policies differ, again, if your card fails to allow the chargeback. PP will not consider a Dispute and neither will eBay.

These questions usually come up with cheap items with "free" shipping, sent from China using Surface shipping.

Right away, that's a two to three month transit time.

Complicating things, the entire 1.3 billion population of China would normally be visiting family during the week of the Lunar New Year. This year because of the coronavirus scare, the holiday has been extended to February 9th.

And of course at least one entire province including the city of Wuhan, population 11million, is under quarantine.

If your item is coming from China, the unexpected extension could be a mixture of the New Year and the quarantines. 

Low prices are not always the best deal.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

On the bright side, the virus won't survive on inanimate surface for 4 months, so your item should be 2019-nCoV free.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply