Opened a case against seller and now seller is "no longer registered"?

It has been almost a month since I purchased an item from a seller. I've e-mailed this seller twice during this time inquiring about tracking information and if they sent out my package since I received zero communication from them after my payment went through.

More than a week after the last day of the "Estimated Date of Arrival," I decided to open a case against the seller through Ebay, asking for a refund (that was yesterday). Today I learned that the seller is no longer registered on Ebay but I have not received a refund through my Paypal .

The open case I have against them states that I am supposed to wait a few more days for a response from the seller but since they are no longer registered with Ebay, what do I do now? I know that Ebay gives you the option of "escalating" the case after those few days have passed but how does this even work with an seller not even registered on the site anymore?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Opened a case against seller and now seller is "no longer registered"?

The open case I have against them states that I am supposed to wait a few more days for a response

Don't wait for any response.

Just escalate now and say that the seller is Not A Registered User (NARU). You will be refunded by Paypal, who will go after the seller for the money.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Opened a case against seller and now seller is "no longer registered"?

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately I have not been given the option of escalating the case yet, there is no link. I've searched past threads and it seems I have to wait for the "allow 3 business days for a response" thing before that option appears. I've also been searching for Ebay's contact information to talk to a customer service rep but I can't find anything of the sort. I'm always brought back to the Resolution Center page. 

I opened the case through Ebay and apparently once I do that I can't open the case instead on Paypal.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply