PURCHASE HISTORY

The way we are able to view PURCHASE HISTORY has changed.  I do not like this new view as I find it confusing.  Can't MARK AS RECEIVED and cannot see if Seller left FEEDBACK anymore in PURCHASE HISTORY.  Why was it changed?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PURCHASE HISTORY

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @salvadord - the Purchase History page was updated to be a bit more modern and also to give you details about the package within a single page (the tracking quick-glance, the view order details button, etc). 

You shouldn't have to mark items as received any longer, which is why you're not finding that functionality. You're always welcome to send feedback to the team in charge of the page directly by using the 'Tell us what you think' link in the upper right corner (screencap below). Thanks!

Purchase History.JPG

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

PURCHASE HISTORY

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @salvadord - the Purchase History page was updated to be a bit more modern and also to give you details about the package within a single page (the tracking quick-glance, the view order details button, etc). 

You shouldn't have to mark items as received any longer, which is why you're not finding that functionality. You're always welcome to send feedback to the team in charge of the page directly by using the 'Tell us what you think' link in the upper right corner (screencap below). Thanks!

Purchase History.JPG

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

tyler@ebay wrote:
... You shouldn't have to mark items as received any longer, which is why you're not finding that functionality.

Really?

My last purchase (which arrived safely) shows as not delivered -- it was sent as untracked lettermail -- so how does ebay make the guess that the item was received if the buyer cannot mark it as received?

It sounds more like eBay.COM thinking that everything has tracking.

-..-

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

Murrica!

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

Hi @ypdc_dennis - we generally assume that a transaction has gone according to plan unless a buyer indicates otherwise via a return or not received request.

Marking an item as received used to carry much more weight, but for a number of years hasn't been factored into a seller's performance or ability to access funds so the option was removed.  

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

I was truly impressed by the wide array of images at my disposal for the term 'Murrica'I was truly impressed by the wide array of images at my disposal for the term 'Murrica'

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

Hi tyler@ebay 

Just chiming in on this one. I think for a number of buyers the using RECIEVED were doing so as a convenience. When you have several orders on the way from assorted sellers, always not knowing where specifically they were coming from it made it possible to keep track which had arrived and which hadn't. It seems the new normal with eBay is heading towards removing features that we relied on to "streamline" the system vs the concept of adding new processes/features that make it easier/faster for us to do the tasks WE want to do. And this was just another example of this occurring.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

Thanks for the perspective @lotzofuniquegoodies!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

I keep the notice of purchase live on my email account until it is received.

Or having the last estimated date for delivery in a (paper) notebook or (electronic) calendar also works.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

@femmefan1946 

It could be done that way if one so chose to. It was just nice when it WAS there, you could mark it as received and not need to rely on a secondary system. Really would depend on someone's volume of open purchases.

-Lotz

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

I totally agree.  This was a very useful tool for me.  I having many transactions going on at the same time, and it was so  much easier to identify what status these transactions were in.  This new look does not make it easier for eBayers.  Was feedback sought first before making the change?

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

I will follow-up one last time on this as I doubt seriously anything is going to change now that the change has been made.  The more purchases I make and the more items I have outstanding at different points (not yet received, received but no feedback given yet) etc. - the more I find this new format very inconvenient.  And, it no longer shows you when the item was marked as shipped by the seller anymore - only when you are expected to receive it.  Why was this removed as well.  It was so easy, with a glance, to see which ones still needed me to provide feedback with the stars on the right - and you did not have to scroll through so many items full-size.  Sorry, but this new format is not an improvement - it has become more difficult to manage your purchase when you have many purchases on the go.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

I know I said my previous follow-up would be my last, but I can't help and ask if there is any way we can revert to the old view.  Here is why:

I have two scenarios that are currently in my Purchase History:

(1)  You left feedback. We'll ask the seller to leave feedback as well.  However, it is still showing on that new Bar Above, that it has not been delivered yet?  If I am leaving Feedback for the Seller - that means I received my goods.

(2)  You and the seller have exchanged feedback.  However, same as above, it is still showing on that new Bar Above, that it has not been delivered yet?  If I am leaving Feedback for the Seller - that means I received my goods.

This new PURCHASE HISTORY view is not an improvement.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

Near the top right of that page, there should be a link that says 'tell us what you think'. If you haven't done so already, let them know there what you think.  Unfortunately ebay often seems to make changes on the site based on what they think is useful which isn't necessarily what buyers or sellers think is useful.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

Thanks, I am going to try that route - but I am very doubtful they will revert to the old view.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

I never used that feature because I didn't know it existed. LOL! What I was doing is "Hide order" when the item was received and I left feedback.

With that said, I do not like the new look either. It is really hard to see which order has received feedback from me.

I did use the link to "tell us what you think", but every time I used that button, no change was ever made to get back to a previous version. This link is useless - I think nobody reads the messages. It's like throwing a penny in a fountain while making a wish IMO.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

Actually, it looks like "Tell us What you Think" did work.  I noticed that my PURCHASE HISTORY is now back to the previous view where you can see the SHIPPED & FEEDBACK buttons on the left.  And the SHIPPED/RECEIVED BAR is gone - it didn't work anyway.  Whoever monitored these posts and assisted in reverting to the previous view - THANK YOU! THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

How do I delete my purchase history. This information is no longer any value to me.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

You don't.

Just ignore it.

Eventually it will disappear.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

PURCHASE HISTORY

bappy3
Community Member

The new Purchase History page is just awful.  I gave feedback using "Tell us what you think", however in the past I have never seen responses to my feedback.  Let's try it here.

1 - Bug where several purchased items have duplicate entries once the seller sends an invoice.  The invoiced items will then show as paid, and the duplicate entries show "Awaiting Payment".  Even if you click "Pay Now" it re-directs to the order details.  "Hide" is not there for these.  I can't get rid of them.  Perhaps this was a bug that has been fixed, but I still have the duplicate entries which can not be cleaned up.

2 - eBay item number is no longer displayed on the summary.

3 - The date that the auction ended is no longer displayed on the summary, nor anywhere else that I can see including the auction page.

4 - The old summary page used to show status on payment, shipment, and feedback for each item.  No longer here.

5 - Loads of wasted / empty space.  I really wish for a nice compact list of items so I can see 10+ items on my screen.  Now I have to do a lot of scrolling.  Perhaps the reason is due to image displayed for each item, and the spacing between images.  Make the image 25% smaller, and user a little less space between images.

6 - "Combined shipping" orders from a single seller show duplicate information.  E.g., if I have one order with 10 items, it will show the estimated delivery date, return policy, and seller ID 10 times.  There is opportunity here to redue text and save screen space.

7 - "Mark as paid" no longer exists.  (issue already reported on this thread)  No way to do this if paying by check, cash, bank transfer .  I guess this is now obsolete and not recommended as ebay loses control over the money?  IMO it should be okay if the buyer already has a relationship with the seller.

I am somewhat of a power user, and make a lot of purchases on ebay.  Perhaps this change is acceptable for the occasional user that makes a purchase every month or two.  If ebay can fix the duplicate entry bug, add back useful details like the item # and feedback status, etc, and find a way to condense the page to display more items and less white space, then I would be happy again.

Another suggestion is to roll out a new page like this as a beta interface to give users a chance to provide feedback in advance.

Disappointed.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply