Forum Posts

Resolved! Mail from Australia to Canada

I have an item that was sent to me by Economy letter airmail from Australia to Canada and it has not arrived yet. It has been 22 days since it was shipped. Does anyone have an idea how long airmail from Australia to Canada takes. The Australian posta...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 27 replies
  • 0 helpful

Emmett Kelly’s williethe clown

I bought this doll, they sent me the wrong one, they said it was picked wrong off shelf, mail it back and they would send right one; so I mailed it back at my expense, . Now they never opened it and put return to sender, I paid a lot of money for thi...

I hate ebay. I want ebay to fail. I want to see ebay owners eating from garbage cans.

Ebay sucks more and more each and every day. 1) At least 40% of the sellers are liars or simply don't know what they're selling, the small scale knowledgeable sellers are fading fast. 2) The ads on mywatchlist, my search page, my mailbox screen drive...

Items posted as "Very Rare"

I would just like to inform buyers to comparison shop, alot of times a Buy it Now item is less then the live auction price.(yes I know some items get in a bidding war & end up selling for more) I recently came across a seller who has an item listed i...

Resolved! Why is item marked as "shipped" when only a USPS tracking number was obtained?

I made a purchase recently of some items for which there are many sellers in Asia and a few in the US. I note that many of the Asian sellers have policies such as "Seller ships within X days of cleared payment" -> where X is rarely 1 and is frequentl...

Resolved! Global Shipping Program/Pitney Bowes - Is it lost??

Hi all, I have an order I'm tracking with GSP and it hasn't updated since Sept 22. I've attached a pic of it. Is it lost for good? How long should this normally take? I'm worried because its now Oct 12. It's coming from US to Canada.

tracking.PNG

Requested cancellation, no answer.

Hello! So, about 4 days ago, I purchased an item. But I ended up finding the same item for half the price about 30 minutes later, so I made a cancellation request after this time to the seller. I also contacted him 10 minutes after the claim, but he ...

Resolved! How do I know in advance which Canadian sales tax is going to be charged for a product?

Hello! I am a bit confused. When buying from a Canadian seller, sometimes I get charged no tax, sometimes GST only, sometimes GST + QST (I am in Québec). If I remember correctly, on my last purchase, it happened after I clicked "Confirm and pay". Thi...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Spotting online frauds

This turned up on my FaceBook page today:https://www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/2021/10/how-to-spot-and-avoid-fake-online-businesses/?fbclid=IwAR2ruE8nLIFxxyD9qD2GJjOoD4sI8MZxbv1WOhaiBJ2TXPknxIOiiEPQoQQ Did you buy something online only to find out late...

Item not as described case

Hi there. I bought a pokémon coin from a seller i thought it was new, photo was like this and it was not stated anywhere to be pre used  I receive it and quickly see light scratchs so i decide to bring my white light... Look at it   This is obvious t...

s-l1600.jpg PXL_20211013_214831687.jpg PXL_20211013_214817181.jpg

Global shipping Kentrucky tracking says Undeliverable.  System Restriction.

Awaiting an order from a shipper that used Global Shipping Center in Kentucky.I have been watching the tracking. Now it says the package is at the center but it also says Undeliverable. System Restriction.I paid international shipping. They are in th...

Seller asked me to cancel order after I won the bid

Good morning everyone. I won a bid for a suitcase cover yesterday. Before I paid, the seller sent me a message saying that he/she could not ship the item due to "adverse condition prevailing in the country". I asked the seller: should I pay them? Whe...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Negotiating a return.

I purchased some old-model computer RAM from a seller with a good reputation. It was a product recommended for my system by the manufacturer's agent on their community forums. I received the RAM, tried it, and it appears to not be compatible. Technic...

Scared to tell the truth when asked about feedbacks

We all know how important it is for eBay to get all sellers and buyers to give their feedbacks on all items they've received. But just how honest do you think most feedbacks are? Doesn't anybody else feel like eBay guides you to go for the positive f...

I need to contact Ebay directly

How can I contact Ebay directly?They intervened in a case and issued me a refund without me asking for anything.I contacted the seller and we both agreed that I would wait a few more weeks for my missing item before doing anything else.I told him I w...

US seller says shipping regulations prevents him from shipping plastic brushes to Canada (?!)

I recently bought a set of drill-mounted plastic bristle-brushes. The seller is in the US. The cost of the brushes was $15 and shipping was $3 (USPS). About a day after the purchase I get a message from the seller, saying that they "received a notice...

Items Confiscated by the GSP

Stumbled on this podcast on the .com site. The Q&A section starting around 42:45 has an interesting story of an antique clothing item confiscated through the GSP. Turns out the item specifics auto-fill process was the quirk that led to this happening...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is this photoshopped?

Do you think the 2 cards removed from the 1st picture are photoshopped on the others? I may be wrong but to me they look like they do not fit with the camera and table angle. Colors are also more bright. And if you look very carefully, none of the 6 ...

Resolved! Need advise about harassing seller

Requested a refund on a cell phone after receiving it, because the battery was poor. The seller replied asking for the imei. I supplied the imei as well as a photo and never heard back from the seller. I emailed him again after 2 days requesting a re...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

USPS what

October 9, 2021, 8:39 am Arrived LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES Your item arrived at an origin transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES on October 9, 2021 at 8:39 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. October 3, 20...

2021204.jpg

The Global Shipping Program scam

I'm looking at an item with a Buy It Now price of US$149.99. Shipping is $25.27, and when I select Buy It Now the so-called "import charge" appears, adding $12.28 to the bill. However, the seller has offered a discount. Now the item is $124.99, again...

• 19 replies
  • 1 helpful

wrong item delivered

wrong item delivered to me I bought a golf club and received a doll in the box what's the next step

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful