Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Do you have questions about the Global Shipping Program? Please post here & I'll do my best to track those answers down for you!

If you have any comments about the program, use this forum instead.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 5 of 3,104
latest reply
3,103 REPLIES 3,103

@macdmac_gpwn8evd wrote:

My package tracking information changed so that the original tracking number no longer works, and it has a new Canada Post tracking number.  However since the 16th it has just said "Electronic information submitted by shipper" and it is now the 22.  Should I contact somebody about this?  If so, who?

Is the post office/hub where the electronic information was submitted anywhere near the item's final destination?

Message 381 of 3,104
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

@macdmac_gpwn8evd wrote:

My package tracking information changed so that the original tracking number no longer works, and it has a new Canada Post tracking number.  However since the 16th it has just said "Electronic information submitted by shipper" and it is now the 22.  Should I contact somebody about this?  If so, who?

Is the post office/hub where the electronic information was submitted anywhere near the item's final destination?

Yes it is.  The last update for the old tracking number is "Shipped from US Shipping Center to International Destination" from Erlanger.  Do they not update at all while shipping from Kentucky to the international destination?

Message 382 of 3,104
latest reply

There's probably no updates between Erlanger and the Canadian hub of receipt as the item is likely part of a container or pallet of freight and would be impossible to quickly extract and scan along the way.

What I meant, though, is if Canada Post's confirmation notice had a city name on it and if that city was anywhere near where you're located (assuming that's where the item is going to end up).

Message 383 of 3,104
latest reply

my package has been in erlanger, ky for about a week now. has anyone had any luck with this yet? or should i try to get my money back. it sucks because this package was something for my father for christmas.

Message 384 of 3,104
latest reply

Hi nb.imports.canada & macdmac_gpwn8evd.

First off, really sorry to hear your items are taking so long to arrive. 

I would be happy to look into it from this end. If you would like me to do that please send me a Private Message and include full transaction details (item #, transaction #, tracking #s, eBay email & user id used in the transaction, etc.). Also let me know the last time you checked tracking, and what message was shown. 

Hope that helps. 

---Ben

Message 385 of 3,104
latest reply

Off topic for now,

Merry Christmas to all board contributors.

Message 386 of 3,104
latest reply

Good day I am confused as to why some sellers for an item charge import fees while other vendors selling the exact same thing do not.
Message 387 of 3,104
latest reply

The sellers do not charge "import fees"

This is only done by eBay's forwarder when the American seller selects to use eBay's Global Shipping Program (GSP).  The taxes are calculated and prepaid at time of payment. When the parcel arrives, no taxes are collected.

Otherwise - if the seller does not use GSP - the same amount of taxes may be assessed by Canada Customs and collected by Canada Post at time of delivery or pick-up with a $9.95 handling fee, in addition to taxes and duty (if applicable).

Message 388 of 3,104
latest reply

@couver2010 wrote:

Good day I am confused as to why some sellers for an item charge import fees while other vendors selling the exact same thing do not.

The sellers using the Global Shipping Program will have import charges attached to their item and shipping fees, while the sellers who ship directly to their buyers won't.

Incidentally, it's not the sellers who are charging the import charges but the Global Shipping Program itself.  (This information should be right on the listing page unless you're viewing listings on eBay Mobile.)

And keep in mind that while you may not be charged import charges on a shipment shipped directly to you at the time of purchase, you may well be charged them by the carrier upon or after receipt of the item, particularly if the carrier is one like UPS or FedEx.

Message 389 of 3,104
latest reply

Hello Kalvin,

Glad you asked. I paid for an item using this **bleep**  gsp and paid about $20 US for it. I received the item 21 days later ( that is about 3 times as long as usual) and the postman showed up at my door wanting another $30 CDN for duties. I was under the impression the GSP took care of that? It is sounding more and more like a racket you guys are running.

ps Don't bother responding with cut and paste responses that add or do nothing for me.

Message 390 of 3,104
latest reply

"the postman showed up at my door wanting another $30 CDN for duties."

That would happen if your seller did not use GSP but shipped directly to you. The $30 would be $20 for tax and $10 Canada Post service charge.

File a claim for the "import fees" originally charged to you.

Message 391 of 3,104
latest reply

How would they do this, pierre?

Claim from whom for what?

Message 392 of 3,104
latest reply

Make a claim with PayPal for the charge paid to Pitney Bowes =- reason : non receipt.

Message 393 of 3,104
latest reply

I recently bid on an item available out of the US which was listed as available for international shipping.  The listing provided the price for shipping to Canada, and declared that it was part of the Global Shipping Network.  It even listed import charges.  I checked the shipping information and the seller listed over 35 countries to which he/she would ship.  All of that, and the fact that the listing appeared on Amazon.ca, made it clear that the seller would ship to Canada.  So, I bid on the item only to have my bids cancelled because I was an "international customer".  Upon reading the seller's description of the item, I noticed that he/she had one line at the very end of the description stating, "Sorry, no international customers."  

My question is this: how can a seller list on the Canadian site and have all the relevant international shipping information clearly designated on the listing, yet cancel and refuse my bids? Is the "Sorry, no international customers" added at the end of the written description enough to negate all the rest of it? Can I contact ebay for more information on this? 

Thanks for helping.

Message 394 of 3,104
latest reply

A US seller (whom states they only deliver to the US) typically doesn't realize that their listings are available to international customers via the global shipping program. Some sellers are automatically opted in without choosing to do so for whatever reason.

I would contact the seller and let them know that their listings show the GSP, which allows international consumers.

Message 395 of 3,104
latest reply

Kalvin,

I am very disappointed and confused by the charges related to GSP. Firstly I was charged $35 shipping for a $20 action figure, FedEx would be cheaper than this. Secondly I was charged $18.29 in import charges; 60% customs are you kidding me? How can you justify this charge?

And worst if all this was only noted when I checked my PayPal receipt, not anywhere in The actual eBay transaction.

At this point I want to refund the on the item and all costs.
Message 396 of 3,104
latest reply

@eoin-oes wrote:

I am very disappointed and confused by the charges related to GSP. Firstly I was charged $35 shipping for a $20 action figure, FedEx would be cheaper than this. Secondly I was charged $18.29 in import charges; 60% customs are you kidding me? How can you justify this charge?

And worst if all this was only noted when I checked my PayPal receipt, not anywhere in The actual eBay transaction.

At this point I want to refund the on the item and all costs.

Why did you purchase the action figure in the first place?  The charges and links to further information on the GSP should have been right on the listing page.

Message 397 of 3,104
latest reply

Hi eoin-oes. 

Sorry to hear you aren't happy with your most recent transaction. 

A couple quick points, which might help explain how the GSP works. 

With the GSP, buyers see estimated charges (usually quite accurate) on the listing and then actual charges on the checkout page. This means as a buyer you do have "one last chance" to back out at this stage. 

The Buyer Terms & Conditions page also has some really useful info:  http://pages.ebay.com/shipping/globalshipping/buyer-tnc.html

Please review these Terms and if you feel you would like to pursue a refund, please file a case accordingly. 

Hope that helps. 

---Ben

Message 398 of 3,104
latest reply

Hi Dear

Can you tell me please about my shipping status with tracking number
UPAAA000000040449067. How can I track it and How can I know within how long I could be able to collect it. I ordered this item 2 weeks before through eBay. But yet not received. I am concerned about its delivery. I have already paid for courier charges and import charges for this item. On eBay it just shows Custom Cleared from regular three days. It. Doesn't change shipping status beyond this.

Please let me know as soon as possible about whats going happening.

Baljeet Lall
Message 399 of 3,104
latest reply

That number is only trackable via ebay website. Usually when it enters the destination country and has passed customs, you may be able to track it via Canada Post (sometimes another courier is used).

Message 400 of 3,104
latest reply