Shipping cds, video games and trading cards to Canada and US

Hello, im new to ebay and considering posting some cds, video games and trading cards, but wondering about tracking and shipping rate for bubble mailers to the US and Canada, from Canada using Canada Post. Also, as someone new, would it be recommended to stick with tracked shipping for all items or risk none tracked for cheaper items. For reference the items would be anywhere from $5 to $200+ CAD in value. Thank you for reading and taking the time if you respond, any advice would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would personally only sell those items to the States if they're tracked. Based on where you are located, you should be able to use a cross-border shipper like Stallion Express or Chit Chats to do so cheaply though. For Canada, I wouldn't worry too much about tracking unless it's higher dollar value. I regularly sell CDs, DVDs, and Video Games (out of my second eBay store, not the one linked to this username) and almost all of them are sent in a bubble mailer via oversized lettermail in Canada. I've had basically no issues with fraud. Maybe once in about 600+ sales, and I'm not even sure about that one. I haven't been selling trading cards so I can't comment there. Realistically, unless what you're selling is very rare, the extra cost for tracking those types of items in Canada will make them virtually impossible to sell. You're better off potentially taking the odd loss and making sales imo. If the dollar value starts getting higher, you can  choose to send it out tracked if you're uncomfortable (either as a parcel or by registered mail).

CDs tend to be slow sellers, so be prepared for that and don't get discouraged.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I would personally only sell those items to the States if they're tracked. Based on where you are located, you should be able to use a cross-border shipper like Stallion Express or Chit Chats to do so cheaply though. For Canada, I wouldn't worry too much about tracking unless it's higher dollar value. I regularly sell CDs, DVDs, and Video Games (out of my second eBay store, not the one linked to this username) and almost all of them are sent in a bubble mailer via oversized lettermail in Canada. I've had basically no issues with fraud. Maybe once in about 600+ sales, and I'm not even sure about that one. I haven't been selling trading cards so I can't comment there. Realistically, unless what you're selling is very rare, the extra cost for tracking those types of items in Canada will make them virtually impossible to sell. You're better off potentially taking the odd loss and making sales imo. If the dollar value starts getting higher, you can  choose to send it out tracked if you're uncomfortable (either as a parcel or by registered mail).

CDs tend to be slow sellers, so be prepared for that and don't get discouraged.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the great reply. I'll look more into the rates for oversized letter mail and the alternative options for shipping to the US. Also, thank you for the headsup with cds being slower, helps me decide what to post with the limited listings as a beginner.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/information/app/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

And if you get a Solutions for Small Business card, free at the PO, you get some discounts and promotions, including  the October freebies and a small discount on most services.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply