Unauthorized transaction, Listing Removed, No message from ebay, can't contact ebay. What do I do?

omosix
Community Member

I was going through my credit card bill and I noticed 3 charges that I did not recognize to the same seller.    And I've already changed my password.

I logged on to ebay and paypal to see what was going on, and sure enough, 3 purchases that I do not recall making.  However by the listings it says 

"We removed this listing from the site. For more information and next steps go to Messages. For information about delivery, view your order details."  

I have received no messages from ebay regarding this... "Resolve a problem" just brings me to a page that says ebay can't help me because the listing can't be removed.    And all the contact methods on the ebay site just redirect to the customer support home page. (quick google says they've disabled all contact methods due to the coronavirus)  What the hell am I supposed to do?

On the paypal side, it says I have to dispute the charge through ebay... 

The only thing I can think of is to do a chargeback through the cc company, But I don't know how ebay will react to that.  Are there any repercussions for doing a chargeback without first contacting ebay?   I can't believe ebay has NO way for us to contact them at all. I understand higher volumes, or reduced staff, but to have no way to contact them at all either through email or phone? that's ridiculous.  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Unauthorized transaction, Listing Removed, No message from ebay, can't contact ebay. What do I do?

@omosix wrote:

... all the contact methods on the ebay site just redirect to the customer support home page. (quick google says they've disabled all contact methods due to the coronavirus)  What the hell am I supposed to do?

Google is out of date in that respect. There are ways to contact eBay. Although ebay makes it unnecessarily difficult when transactions are suppressed.

It sounds like your credit card was charged directly, so do look up your credit card company rules (and time deadline) for disputing charges.

Advice? tyler@ebay 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Contact to Ebay still works via personal messaging on their Facebook site. I just did so in the last week.

And yes, contact your credit card company with time and dates (if not, they can go through your list of purchases and look it up with you) and you can dispute the charges.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @ypdc_dennis!

Hi @omosix - please don't file a dispute with your credit card company, as this is something our CS teams can address and resolve for you. 

Typically in situations like this you should still be able to open a request with us, but it can be tricky to do if you're using the mobile app. If you contact CS through the Help & Contact link in the upper left corner of the screen or via Facebook or Twitter they can address this for you as well. 

I've gone ahead and reported this to the right teams for review, I imagine you will see some messages in your eBay Message Center shortly (if you haven't already). 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for forwarding this to the correct team.  They have issued a refund. However regarding the contact form.  The help and contact on the top left corner was the first place i tried.

At the bottom of the page there's a button for "contact us" however clicking the button only refreshes the page.

Going through the questions to find a "call us" button instead... again only brings me back to the help and support page.   I've tried on Google chrome browser as well as opera. It seems that the contact form on your website is not functioning properly.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I just tried again, It seems to be working now. But it definitely wasn't working yesterday.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I will try that in the future. Sucks that their own website doesn't work properly and I have to go through facebook or twitter.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply