Why is shipping to Canada so expensive. You want me to pay more for shipping than the items worth

I think its ridiculous to charge $22.00C to deliver a watch (about 5 oz.) from US to Canada. My shipping charges with couriers from US to Canada under 5lbs was $4.95 per pkg. Someone is getting rich on courier charges

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Why is shipping to Canada so expensive. You want me to pay more for shipping than the items worth

It looks like this is a question for the US seller listing the watch.  We are Canadian sellers here.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@colinrusty353 wrote:

I think its ridiculous to charge $22.00C to deliver a watch (about 5 oz.) from US to Canada. My shipping charges with couriers from US to Canada under 5lbs was $4.95 per pkg. Someone is getting rich on courier charges

The couriers are getting rich.

I suggest you contact the USA seller and let them know where they find (and get) your $4.95 bargain rate tracked shipping,

The well-hidden cheap USPS choice for USA to Canada with tracking is

USPS First-Class Package International Service
1-8 oz ... $9.50
9-32 oz ... $15.50
2-3 lb ... $24.50
3-4 lb ... $36.50

plus exchange rate.

-..-

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Most sellers would use the Priority Flat Rate Boxes

https://postcalc.usps.com/?country=10440

But there are slightly cheaper rates under Shape and Size. (USPS First Class International Parcel).

Plug in a few dimensions and weights for guidance.

And many sellers want the Seller Protection offered by the Global Shipping Program (spit spit spit), which moves responsibility for delivery from the seller to the GSP when the shipment arrives at the GSP plant in Kentucky. The buyer pays Canadian duty, SALES TAXES,  and a service charge, before the seller is instructed to ship at all.

Note that Canada charges applicable duty and SALES TAX on any import valued over $20Cdn (~$16).

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I would like to know too which courier ships from the US to Canada that cheaply.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

hmike99
Community Member

US sellers do tend to charge ridiculous shipping prices. I heard that if an item is returned, then they would not have to refund the shipping fees, therefore keeping the money in their pockets... I started buying more and more on Chinese websites that are just as good but good normal shipping fees. I mean, I am ok paying ten dollars shipping for a really small item I really want, but look at this example of a 4 inch out of the box Hot Wheels (best example I could find). And there are a lot like that

5.JPG

Ebay will lose more and more clients if they don't do something about this. $51 Can dollars shipping...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

ZOMBIE  thread.

@happy_pigeon

Message 7 of 7
latest reply