Wrong ave!!

No clue where I should post this, so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place. My first post. But anyway. After ordering like 11 items, I realized I entered the wrong avenue (138ave instead of 139). I didn't realize my mistake because on my PayPal it's right, on all my Visa cards it's right, but it's wrong on eBay (I changed it now). Anyways the items have all been shipped out. How screwed am I, if my postal code and house numbers are right but not the ave? My dumb self payed a lot for the purchases, gah!
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wrong ave!!

Most letter carriers are literate. It's practically a job requirement.

Check the postal code you sent your seller.

Is it correct?

If it is stop worrying.  The sort will put it in the postal walk bag for your code.

The carrier may notice the wrong street, but compare to your other mail and correct it .

Or he may return it to the terminal .

There the clerks can correct the postal code to the other street.

So it may be "meet the neighbours " time. Walk around the block, knock on their door, and explain your problem.

Most peopl will be cooperative.

This is entirely your responsibility.

Not the post office, not eBay, not your seller.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Wrong ave!!

If you paid through PayPal & the address is correct there, then you should be okay.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

Yeah but when I checked the order confirmation email, it said it shipped to the wrong address.
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

Contact the seller(s) and ask which address they used (paypal or ebay).

You might need to contact whoever is living at the wrong address about the possible problem.

-..-

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

Yeah but why would the sellers use my paypal address if on the confirmation email it shows the wrong one? The email says THAT'S the address it was sent to. Also there is no house number the same as mine that exists on 138 ave. Willl the parcels be sent back? I'm worried because they are supposed to take a long time to come. Should I contact Canada Post?
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

I'm sorry my wording is so repetitive I'm just getting so anxious.
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

Most letter carriers are literate. It's practically a job requirement.

Check the postal code you sent your seller.

Is it correct?

If it is stop worrying.  The sort will put it in the postal walk bag for your code.

The carrier may notice the wrong street, but compare to your other mail and correct it .

Or he may return it to the terminal .

There the clerks can correct the postal code to the other street.

So it may be "meet the neighbours " time. Walk around the block, knock on their door, and explain your problem.

Most peopl will be cooperative.

This is entirely your responsibility.

Not the post office, not eBay, not your seller.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

Thanks, but I never said it's anyone's fault but my own. I wanted to contact Canada Post to see what they can do, not to blame them.
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

I would write a note and stick it on your mailbox  so the postman/lady can see it,  they'll remember if it's done around the same week that you expect delivery of your items.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

What does your seller say?

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

I emailed one of them and they said it was sent to the "wrong" address. I like the mailbox idea though.
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

Did you bought them domestically or internationally?
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

Internationally
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

Hopefully the mailbox idea works then. Or if you did provide eBay with your real phone number, perhaps the seller has put it on the package too, then you might get lucky and be contacted by someone local about it.

It'd be costly if it does bounce back to your international seller, as they would need to pay the return to sender shipping cost to retrieve the parcel, and you'd need to pay for shipping both ways to get the parcel re-shipped.

You might want to let your seller know that since you (buyer) provided wrong address, there's a chance that the parcel could get bounced back to them and it'd cost them to get the items back. If you don't let them know, they might choose to abandon the package if the return to seller cost is too high. How much was the cost of item and shipping?
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

The items were all between $5-$20 (but I bought a lot of them) and the shipping was free for most of the items.
Message 15 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

What’s tracking say?
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

Shipping is never truly "free". It's simply included in the listed price.
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

I don't know about the shipping then. Beside shipping, it says "free" (for most items) so I don't know how much of the price I paid might have gone to shipping (??).

Also the items are "in transit". No update on them since July 5.
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

What’s your Estimated Date of Delivery?
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Wrong ave!!

A note on your mail box is a good idea.  Better is to camp out on your doorstep in a lawn chair with a good book until the carrier comes along and explain the problem directly.  If your letter carrier also delivers on 138th, you are certain to get all of them after telling the carrier directly.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply