eBay Canada coupon fashion promo: good to use at select sellers only

This showed up in my Facebook newsfeed. 

It's a coupon promo for fashion but it's interesting in that a buyer can only redeem it at select sellers. Some of which appear on a list that one cannot actually view due to a layout problem with the page. 

I'm curious to know how an arrangement like this was reached with these particular sellers. Here are are the highlights:

image.jpeg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It shows up too on the ebay homepage ~ I've been browsing through the Sellers and don't immediately see anything that indicates how they got included for this special promo coupon ~ unless they have facebook pages and they are the only Cdn Sellers with facebook pages? What I do notice though is that unless you take the extra advanced search step and do a search by specific Seller you will "never" find their listings ~ well I guess you could in a sea of thousands of other Sellers but ... if you are new to ebay lets say you may not realize you have to do a special advanced search by seller to find the Seller's listings you can use the coupon on 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

This might not be exactly on topic but maybe it's how Sellers get chosen for ebay deals etc : they specifically sign up to be included in them ?

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/lifestyle-deals.html

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I think Lifestyle Deals might be curated differently but you raise an interesting point. 

I think I'll take it to R at Board Hour this week. I'm genuinely curious how sellers are selected for this. If ebay ran one for toys at Christmas, for example, I'd want to be invited. But maybe it's only available to Anchor Store owners or something. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply