eBay Guarantee is a SHAM (Refund denied)

kiaben123
Community Member

I made a purchase  for a bag through bid I won and called ebay to confirm seller's legitmacy since the seller was recently enrolled such. They reassured me that there was an eBay guarantee that protect buyers from shadytransactions should there be one so I should go ahead and make the purchase. I did just that only to my demise. 

The seller was in great communication  up until the package was said to be delivered. The very moment I realized it was sent elswhere I contacted the seller, ebay and my landlord for confirmation (even though I awaited the truck). Seller was non-responsive of course and ebay stated there should be no problem firguring things out.

After much back and forth my claim was denied, twice.  

I had provided countless pieces of evidence such as:

An email affidavit from fedex confirming I was NOT THE RECIPIENT since it didnt have my name/address
The fedex photo of the house the alleged package was delivered vs my apartment door
The package size in photo was small compared to that of the actual item purchased
The delivery postal code  on the delivered package didn't even match my own in eBay's system
Seller was based in Brazil but delievery notice stemmed from BC Canada
I had been on ebay for 9 years with no issues. Seller had been on ebay for one month
The delivery scam is well known where the tracking provided to you belongs to someone else. SCARY!

Beyond all these indicators ebay's response was merely that the delivery notice stated "Item was delivered" negating all the evidence above stating that the transaction was a scam. 

This purchase was roughly $500 and not easy money to come by to say the least.  

I read more about this delivery scam here in the forum and ebay is well aware of this of course. It's really sad that the system in place does not allow for justice to be served in cases like this. I'm livid and utterly dissapointed. I have NO FAITH in ebay and probably will never make a purchase on here again given my latest experience. Points to take away here is to ensure your item is that the ebay guarantee is extremely faulty and you may never get e resolution; Vet your seller and pay with paypal only.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It can be a problem putting a claim showing that an item has been delivered but it sounds as if you have enough information to prove that it wasn't delivered to your address.  I realize that you have already appealed, but if I were you, I would contact customer service on Facebook or Twitter as they sometimes are better to deal with.  You can send a private message with your question and your ebay ID, ebay email address, case ID , other information etc. and they will contact you.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

https://twitter.com/askebay

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You bought a purse.

The tracking shows delivery.

You did not receive the shipment.

YOu opened a Item Not Delivered dispute.

Because tracking showed delivery, eBay found for the seller.

You are still covered by the chargeback policy of your credit card.

There is a 1-800 number on the card and on your monthly invoice.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply