eBay indicates I haven't paid but seller acknowledges it and has shipped the item.

There seems to be no way you can contact anyone at eBay to resolve something like this.

I purchased an item from a seller I've dealt with before. Checking out doesn't work. No problem, I contacted the seller and he provided an invoice that uses his payment system. I paid, and he has shipped the item. I don't have it yet but I trust the seller. However, I keep getting a nag from eBay to pay for it. I contacted the seller and asked him to do what he has to do to complete the sale within eBay's system. I'm not a seller really so I have no idea how his store works.

It even says that the seller opened a case on this to get it paid. He says he didn't and has no idea what is happening. I have all the correspondence.

What do I do? I always pay immediately. I don't want any nonsense claims on my account.

I tried to use the "contact us" page but it makes you pigeon hole the issue into a complaint about a seller and that's not what I want to do.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

eBay indicates I haven't paid but seller acknowledges it and has shipped the item.

On the item sold page there is a list of options for the seller on the top left side.  He can manually click on payment received & item sent & it should rectify the matter.  You also as a seller should be able to go to the purchase item page & have the option to mark money was sent.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Sorry meant to say you as a buyer (not seller) has the option on your purchase page to choose some options. There is a drop down box on the right side under More Actions & you should be able to click money sent.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

At this point it is, in fact, a complaint with the seller. He may have sent you an invoice to pay but he didn't Mark it Paid like he should have AND he allowed Unpaid Item action to start against your account. That is bad form, very bad indeed. Call ebay to fix it. ebay Customer Service will be able to see the item was Paid unless your seller is attempting some manner of trickery. I hope you used paypal or a credit card? 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

Sorry meant to say you as a buyer (not seller) has the option on your purchase page to choose some options. There is a drop down box on the right side under More Actions & you should be able to click money sent.

Yes, that is good advice and it would be sufficient if this were only about that but it won't stop Unpaid Item action against the buyer now that it has been started. The buyer shouldn't be held accountable for a strike on their account if they paid in good faith and the seller is being lazy and/or sneaky about trying to avoid paying ebay Final Value fees on the transaction.

Only the seller marking the item Paid will halt an Unpaid Item strike at this juncture. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The buyer said the checkout didn't work so the seller sent him another invoice. He may have sent it directly from PayPal & not through eBay. That is what probably screwed things up.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Absolutely, this is what I assume as well. And that's a totally legit workaround for an ebay checkout problem as long as the seller follows up with Mark as Paid on their Sales Record. Or has the sense to not allow automatic unpaid item cases to open. 

As a buyer, there is no greater insult than being accused of being a deadbeat shopper when you have, in fact, paid promptly... and then to have an Unpaid Item reminder launch? I'd be livid if this happened to me here as I shopped. Livid. This seller is either dense, lazy or manipulative. I don't like to speak ill of other sellers but this is a terrible thing to do to an innocent buyer and exactly the sort of shenanigan which will make the rest of us suffer as sellers because the buyer will feel as if they got burnt by ebay itself.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

And of course, the seller may have taken the sale completely off eBay.

Fortunately, the buyer paid by Paypal.

He should be able to put the PP transaction number into the Unpaid Item Dispute to show he has paid.

But.

If that doesn't work, he should phone customer service (OP, you get a phone number and a PIN. Pee first, have a comfy chair, a beverage, and a good book in case of delays. Don't call on a phone that charges you by the minute. Usually they are pretty fast if you call during weekday business hours.) and explain the problem. Have the Paypal transaction number handy.

Also, in addition to just marking the transaction Paid, the seller can end the UID with a click of a button. That he hasn't done that, makes me suspicious that he is messing.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply