Jungle Conundrums Of The Amazon

Order Taken by Seinfeld

OK, I placed my order on March 31.  Item in stock to be fullfilled by Amazon.

Item has guaranteed delivery of April 8-11.

April 6, Wednesday & still no notice of shipping.  I checked the tracking. Here it is. If the order was rec'd March 31 and hasn't been shipped out what is that green line running from "Order rec'd" but not quite making it to the finish line "Shipped"?

Does it mean;

a) Order person got the order AND got covid...

b) Order accidentally shipped out going the wrong direction (up) on the Blue Origin

c) Aluminum became considered an endangered species

d) Order person brought toddler to work and gave him a green crayon

e) Amazon missed Seinfeld episode ..."Anyone can take an order..." 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

April 8 Amazon Tracking Update:

"Thank you for your inquiry for an explanation of our tracking report. We're sorry to inform you the  shipper's toddler crashed our warehouse picking drone."

Amazon Order Drone Crash.jpg

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

marnotom!
Community Member
Not really following you here, but then, it’s late.

The green line corresponds with your lack of a notice that the item has been shipped. The item hasn’t reached the finish line; it hasn’t even made it out of the gate.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

The earliest you could expect to receive your purchase is April 8.

The latest is April 11.

At this writing it is April 7.

Tracking shows when the tracked item was last recorded.

Ask again on April 12.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Cute....I just saw that episode last week! (been re-watching Seinfeld with my daughter!) 

I know for myself I have seen this often when it is an item coming from one of their central warehouses. (Not sure where you are located).

I'm in Oakville (about half hour from the huge Brampton warehouse/distribution center) and it sometimes won't show "shipped" until it's on the truck out for delivery the same day. I've received stuff a couple of hours after the "shipped" box is checked and once even before it showed as shipped!

Then there is always f) for your list...you **bleep** off Seinfeld and "no shipping for you!"

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Ooops...I didn't realize I was using a bleep word, sorry!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

LOL.  At least you got my sense of humour! It was supposed to be just a bit of coffee time humour ... 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thank you. I was actually just poking fun of Amazon trying to show they had something going on between the time they got the order but hadn't shipped it. What could that green line not going anywhere possibly mean? I choose "d)" Order person brought toddler to work and gave him a green crayon.  I always took my toddlers to the music store to work. There were green lines, red lines, blue lines and other artwork all over the store!Painting Mbiras.jpg

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

ha ha.. laurel-and-hardy.jpg

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

April 8 Amazon Tracking Update:

"Thank you for your inquiry for an explanation of our tracking report. We're sorry to inform you the  shipper's toddler crashed our warehouse picking drone."

Amazon Order Drone Crash.jpg

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

EBAY CAFE is for sharing around the coffee pot. No advice is expected nor solicited. This is for chat only.   eBay "A great place to post photos of your pets." 

Jungle Conundrums Of The Amazon Update:

I contacted the "Jungle".  They actually replied directly! Is that even possible?  Who knew?

It came with a major apology. The item IS in stock but they are domino-ing warehouses. the item is 4 feet long and it's aluminum and glass. 

Guaranteed delivery is tomorrow (Monday)  Still zero tracking.  That said the supervisor guaranteed delivery by tomorrow at 10:00 pm. Yes, 10pm. 

Of course tracking is unnesessary because the "Jungle" is not using recognized delivery practises like we are. 

The Jungle update is " My item will arrive within the original designated window of 10:00 PM, dot dot dot yes PM Monday (tomorrow) night. 

I actually believe that. i do wonder if the glass will still be, well, glass.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Update: This post started out being a "light" spoof about Amazon. The item had a guaranteed delivery date of April 8 - April 11.  With no sign of it being shipped I contacted Amazon (via chat) on April 8. The rep reassured me it would be here on time.  I was very happy as I really needed it at the beginning of April.

Shortly after the chat  I received this email from his supervisor;

"

Hello,

I’m sorry about the longer delivery estimates for the item you wish to purchase.

When an item is listed online as "In Stock," this indicates we have at least one quantity in any of our fulfillment centers.

To deliver your order as quickly as possible, we assign the near by fulfillment center from your shipping address. However, if an item isn’t available at the fulfillment center which has been assigned for your order. Therefore, we obtain the item from another fulfillment center and it takes a bit a longer to ship your package.

As you may know, we have several fulfillment centers across the Canada, and the items in your order may sometimes be in stock at different locations. When you place your order, we estimate your ship date based on where we have inventory, the delivery address you provide, and how quickly we can obtain and assemble items for shipment.

It’s always been our policy to notify our customers whenever such delays occur and I’m sorry you weren’t notified in this case.

As of now, we expect to deliver the order by the date listed in your account: Monday April 11,2022.
However, this is just an maximum time frame. We will have the order shipped and delivered to you anytime on or before the listed estimated delivery date.

Thanks for contacting Amazon.

Best regards,
Mohammed D

I then got a revised update saying it was coming for certain by 10:00 pm Monday. As it turned out the "spoof was on me".  While waiting on Monday for the item I received this 2nd email from amazon;

"Hello,
We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. The new delivery date is indicated below. We'll send a confirmation when your items ship. We apologize for the inconvenience.
New estimated delivery date:
Wednesday, April 20, 2022 - Saturday, April 23, 2022

View or cancel order

If your shipment arrives too late, you may refuse delivery or return it for a refund.

We hope to see you again soon.
Amazon.ca"

I looked up the policy for the Amazon Prime "Guaranteed Two Day Delivery". Basically for a free deivery item you're at liberty to cancel the order if it never comes. That's the guarantee.  I'm not complaining but was very surprised at how bad their customer service and communications are and that an item listed as "In Stock Guranteed 2 Day Deilvery would possible never ever arrive.

My solution was to go to Home Depot, purchase the parts I needed, and build my own unit. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply