'Trying to Save Money? Avoid Shopping on a Smartphone' Well, that would defeat the purpose....

http://mentalfloss.com/article/503710/trying-save-money-avoid-shopping-smartphone

Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 9.08.12 AM.png

The report itself is here but behind a paywall, unfortunately. Could we start a collection to buy it? I'd dearly love to see what it says. 

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0969698917300024?via%3Dihub

It sounds interesting. Logical, but interesting. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

'Trying to Save Money? Avoid Shopping on a Smartphone' Well, that would defeat the purpose....

For those of us with limited attention spans, here is the crux of it: 

People are more likely to make more frivolous, impulsive purchases if they’re shopping on their phones than if they’re facing a computer monitor

I say, hooray. Send them to ebay for that. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

This is what pierrelebel has been saying for some years, in a more measured way.

To get those impulse buyers, we have to make it as easy as possible to pay.

Clear pictures-- because a lot of those purchases are based on what is in the picture alone.

Clear titles -- because a lot of those purchases are based on what is in the title alone.

Clear descriptions -- and short ones ( mea culpa--do as I say, not  as I do)

A seller on dotCOM was complaining yesterday about dropping sales. But her listings (for cake decorating supplies) showed a picture of dozens of bottles and had one of those 'from $X to $XX' prices and the actual description of what she was selling was in the fourth line of the description. After something about how the size of the bottles varied.

Free Shipping --

DON'T PANIC copy.jpeg  which is just including the cost of shipping in our asking price.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Not merely clear titles will do it but the first five words, maybe four, is all that shows search. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply