New problem today - Grant Application Access: Canada (EN) Community

This morning I was met with this Grant Application Access: Canada (EN) Community" request when attempting to access the ebay.ca community. No one has mentioned anything about this here today, so I'm left wondering if anyone else has run into this "request".

Initially I was hesitant to submit and "Agree" as the request provides very little information regarding what exactly a person is agreeing to. The content of the message makes little or no sense and the links provided lead nowhere helpful. Eventually, I decided to chance it and "Agree" after which I was finally granted access, I still don't know what exactly I agreed to.

This wasn't the end of the story though, upon trying to visit again some hours later I encountered the same Grant Access request, once again I had to "Agree" before being redirected through to the community. Whatever it is I'm agreeing to, no one is listening.

I have a vague idea there may have been a "third party authorization" for community in site preferences, not sure if there used to be one there or not. There's nothing there now.

Looking at the first screenshot, located right next to the "Agree" button there is a "Go back to Canada (EN) community link. Being an optimistic sort I clicked on that, the second screenshot is the result of that action.

Grant access request

Thank You. Authorization cancelled, it is now safe to close the browser window

The message in the second screenshot was so very helpful.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@kawartha-ephemera 

In trying to check some recent posts on both the dot ca and dot com message boards late last night received a garbled error message. When I checked eBay status as per normal it said everything was running smoothly.

Today in signing in received the message you noted. Appears it is an every time thing now. Hoping not. We shall see. Unfortunately, for new changes like this there will be some sort of an announcement on dot com. Sometimes there is a matching on dot ca, but not a given.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Found this on dotCOM.  I was able to post here on dotCA  earlier today.

Hello.

There is a log-in issue live in the community currently (5:33 pm pacific, Sept 17). Members who are logged in may be seeing a pop up asking them to to approve access to files. Members who are logged out can still view community but cannot log in.

Developers from both eBay and Khoros (the community software vendor) are working on this now. We will update when we know it is fixed.

Thank you

Rebecca,
Director of eBay Community
Message 3 of 3
latest reply