International Shipping

Hello, I had an issue with one of my sales. A buyer from France purchased an item from me and the shipping option that was selected was Canada Post Tracked Packet USA. The sale went though and the buyer ended up paying the shipping price that it's costs to send to the USA but he is located in France which the price is quite a bit higher. I don't understand how the system let this go though, and when I called eBay customer support about this, they didn't seem to understand the situation. The advice I got was to cancel the sale and select the reason as "problem with buyers address". The buyers address is probably correct, so how can I use this as a reason and avoid a defect or negative feedback. I think this a glitch with the system. Has anybody had this type of problem?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

International Shipping

@sign_guy1 wrote:

Hello, I had an issue with one of my sales. A buyer from France purchased an item from me and the shipping option that was selected was Canada Post Tracked Packet USA. The sale went though and the buyer ended up paying the shipping price that it's costs to send to the USA but he is located in France which the price is quite a bit higher. I don't understand how the system let this go though, and when I called eBay customer support about this, they didn't seem to understand the situation. The advice I got was to cancel the sale and select the reason as "problem with buyers address". The buyers address is probably correct, so how can I use this as a reason and avoid a defect or negative feedback. I think this a glitch with the system. Has anybody had this type of problem?

@sign_guy1 

You may want to double check your original listing. There is a good chance when you created the listing and were choosing appropriate services when you clicked on Tracked you clicked on the US version. Very easy to happen. For international tracked you would have to click on the drop down and include the countries you choose to ship to. 

In theory the system "should" know when you offer a US service you the shipment is for US customers. Same would be in play for International services and Intl countries. See screenshot below.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1698816731492.png

-Lotz

Is this the transaction in question?

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1698816991221.png

You may want to double check your current listings to confirm they are all are set up correctly. In reviewing your listings for shipping to France, most appear to have correct services. There is a quantity with no shipping services applied. And a few showing I could find showing US services. Only did a quick review.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

International Shipping

Thank you for your help. I was listing with the eBay app and choose Canada Post Tracked Packet USA as an option and expected that it would only be available for US destinations, I never thought it would be available to other countries. I used to list on my desk top and never had this issue. The mobile app does not show as many details as the desktop version. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

International Shipping

@sign_guy1 wrote:

Thank you for your help. I was listing with the eBay app and choose Canada Post Tracked Packet USA as an option and expected that it would only be available for US destinations, I never thought it would be available to other countries. I used to list on my desk top and never had this issue. The mobile app does not show as many details as the desktop version. 

@sign_guy1 

Happy to assist. That is my understanding of the app also. In speaking with several other sellers they create listings using app and polish on pc or tablet because of the missing options/features. I have known for awhile to watch when creating listings (on a pc) to not use the default for Intl shipping with US services and vice versa. I also stumbled across that when you choose services it is important to priorize in order. USA first with the service you want buyers to see (Usually cheapest) and not to tuck a US service after Intl. From my testing system will hide the last one from view to buyers checking. 

-Lotz

Note: I create all my listings on PC only. I have been informed by others that create on app what is and isn't there. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

International Shipping

It looks like when you set up your international shipping you set the destination as worldwide rather than specifying the United States as you did on other listings.   Your shipping is set as a flat rate so the listings shows the same shipping cost and service to every international country because you didn't specify the US.    

If you had been using calculated shipping the calculator would not have calculated a price for a US service to France but by entering a specific cost it overrode the service that you entered. It is a fairly easy mistake to make.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply