Shipments where eBay Labels considers packages oversized

devon@ebay 

@dinomitesales 

Hello Devon,

This was brought up months ago but has never been corrected. The related concerns were brought up in multiple discussions regarding longstanding issues with eBay Labels.

Went to create a label today for an oversized bubble envelop(tracked USA). Actual measurements were 42 x 32 x 1 cm and 300 grams. According to the CP calculator cubed weight would 410 grams. When the label printed it showed 300 grams that was inputted. With CP/eBay Labels it would/should show the upgraded dim. weight  with measurements when applicable for Canada. Otherwise it would show the original actual weight. 

Before printing we receive an error message about system that parcel MAY be oversized based on dimensions. That  would ONLY apply as follows:

• Has any dimension exceeding 1 m (39.4 inches)  NO

or 

• Measures more than 76 cm (30 inches) along its second longest side  NO

In this particular situation the there would/should be no issue with parcel being oversized. 

For the customs weight I entered actual weight for goods which was 150 grams and made in China. System upgraded to 300 grams to match final package weight and changed to Canada/Alberta. 2 pieces of info the system should not be changing based on the original data entry.

For USA/Intl.  eBay Labels does not display inputted measurement when it prints. If a parcel is audited for measurements, we just get an updated (amended) charge when labels gets into the system. The timeline for this to happen is still 2 to 6 days. Definitely not reliable. There is no email saying when/if a parcel was audited or the reason. You would only spot if you happened to as a matter of routine match charges with what was noted when label was created. When Shippo processed shipments got audited (which was rarely from my experience) it just came through as a separate charge for difference with an explanation. 

This is definitely working not as it should. Please pass on to the label team high priority. If a wb number is required, please advise where to forward.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I have to agree it is intimidating when every time I do up one of my 36 x 26 x 3 bubble mailers for the US I get a warning (can't remember exact wording) but something to the affect that "your package is close to maximum allowable sizing (I know 40" is the magic number to push the sizing into Expedited parcel to US increasing the costs substantially) but since my bubble mailers are safe (I've sent literally hundreds out over the last several year), I still get the warning that if I'm wrong I could be charged up to $1,000. Being a gambling girl I've sent them out anyways (always been okay) but I hate seeing that warning! I never saw any warnings like that with Shippo and don't remember them happening even with eBay labels before the last couple of months.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

devon@ebay 

@dinomitesales 

Hello Devon,

This was brought up months ago but has never been corrected. The related concerns were brought up in multiple discussions regarding longstanding issues with eBay Labels.

Went to create a label today for an oversized bubble envelop(tracked USA). Actual measurements were 42 x 32 x 1 cm and 300 grams. According to the CP calculator cubed weight would 410 grams. When the label printed it showed 300 grams that was inputted. With CP/eBay Labels it would/should show the upgraded dim. weight  with measurements when applicable for Canada. Otherwise it would show the original actual weight. 

Before printing we receive an error message about system that parcel MAY be oversized based on dimensions. That  would ONLY apply as follows:

or 

In this particular situation the there would/should be no issue with parcel being oversized. 

For the customs weight I entered actual weight for goods which was 150 grams and made in China. System upgraded to 300 grams to match final package weight and changed to Canada/Alberta. 2 pieces of info the system should not be changing based on the original data entry.

For USA/Intl.  eBay Labels does not display inputted measurement when it prints. If a parcel is audited for measurements, we just get an updated (amended) charge when labels gets into the system. The timeline for this to happen is still 2 to 6 days. Definitely not reliable. There is no email saying when/if a parcel was audited or the reason. You would only spot if you happened to as a matter of routine match charges with what was noted when label was created. When Shippo processed shipments got audited (which was rarely from my experience) it just came through as a separate charge for difference with an explanation. 

This is definitely working not as it should. Please pass on to the label team high priority. If a wb number is required, please advise where to forward.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies  

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I will be sure to have this noted in my report and have it passed along to the correct team for review. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

devon@ebay 

@dinomitesales 

Hello Devon,

or 

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies  

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I will be sure to have this noted in my report and have it passed along to the correct team for review. 

Hello devon@ebay 

Is this any closer to being resolved? Sellers should not not need to be worrying when they use eBay labels that the math is being done correctly. See Screenshot attached.

Box measurements were 30 x 21 x 16 cm. Actual weight 1.9 kg. Girth should NOT be used for the calculation. According to the CP calculator and the ebay calculator the parcel is acceptable....A valid service for Tracked service to the USA. The error warning message below should not be displaying. Note. Girth is not used for calculating dimensional weight. 

eBay Calculator with discount: 

lotzofuniquegoodies_3-1698692105477.png

lotzofuniquegoodies_2-1698691782289.png

Note: eBay Calculator is not including all applicable services. Expedited and Xpresspost are omitted.

CP Calculator without discount:

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1698691603052.png

Do we have a date when we can expect to see the discounted rates as an available option for Canadian sellers?

In this situation the buyer see 33.21. Discounted rate is 19.61. A difference of 14.60. These substantial differences are scaring buyers away, hurting sales and causing an unlevel playing field for Canadian sellers when this option(perk) has been available for US sellers for almost 2 months +-. As sellers we want to provide our buyers fair and honest shipping choices. 

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 4 of 4
latest reply