Updating ebay tracking receipt number to UR number

devon@ebay 

Has anyone recently had issues updating to the UR tracking within eBay?

Previous procedure was to paste the UR tracking numbers for both US/Intl shipments and then delete the meaningless eBay Labels receipt number. This was working in the past. When I attempted this for a shipment on the weekend, the UR number does not display. I contacted ebay help and they said a ticket would be open for the issue. In checking again now, when I click on the tracking field the UR number displays as being inputted but still will not display in conjunction with the order. Had to advise the buyer manually of the tracking number. Until this is fixed they will not see any updates for their shipment.The manage all orders page shows it as shipped.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1692720858338.png

-Lotz

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

devon@ebay 

Has anyone recently had issues updating to the UR tracking within eBay?

Previous procedure was to paste the UR tracking numbers for both US/Intl shipments and then delete the meaningless eBay Labels receipt number. This was working in the past. When I attempted this for a shipment on the weekend, the UR number does not display. I contacted ebay help and they said a ticket would be open for the issue. In checking again now, when I click on the tracking field the UR number displays as being inputted but still will not display in conjunction with the order. Had to advise the buyer manually of the tracking number. Until this is fixed they will not see any updates for their shipment.The manage all orders page shows it as shipped.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1692720858338.png

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! This is the first that I have seen of this issue but I will check to see if I can find any other reported cases along with any open tickets for this. I will update you for any tickets that I can share and also I will have this shared with a few different teams as well. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

AFAIK it has never been possible to delete that number that eBay enters when using eBay shipping to print a small packet label.  The only option has been to add the UR number and then the buyer would have to look at the secondary tracking number.  I posted about this a couple of times shortly after eBay labels were available on .ca and I think that the reply was there was no way to change that.  I always used Shippo labels for small packet to avoid this in the past but usually use TP now.   

devon@ebay   I'm curious why eBay labels add a fake tracking number in that field for small packet.  Since the UR number doesn't populate as an official tracking  (as it isn't official tracking) than why isn't that field left blank?  It's very misleading to buyers to put a number in the tracking field that is simply some sort of eBay 'invoice' number that tracks nothing.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

AFAIK it has never been possible to delete that number that eBay enters when using eBay shipping to print a small packet label.  The only option has been to add the UR number and then the buyer would have to look at the secondary tracking number.  I posted about this a couple of times shortly after eBay labels were available on .ca and I think that the reply was there was no way to change that.  I always used Shippo labels for small packet to avoid this in the past but usually use TP now.   

devon@ebay   I'm curious why eBay labels add a fake tracking number in that field for small packet.  Since the UR number doesn't populate as an official tracking  (as it isn't official tracking) than why isn't that field left blank?  It's very misleading to buyers to put a number in the tracking field that is simply some sort of eBay 'invoice' number that tracks nothing.

I have been deleting the meaningless tracking beginning with the first time I sent something using eBay Labels for all US/Intl Small Packet Air shipments. The issue reported above was the first time I had a problem doing so. It appears something has been done since I spoke to CS because now the save function is working for that particular transaction. (I marked the shipment as shipped 1 day after reporting the issue because it was still showing as shipping required). The only place the generic tracking displays is the shipping label folder. When you go to the shipment details it is untrackable (in my situation) until it arrives at LAX. Then the tracking displays fully from that point on.

-Lotz

As a side one of the worst concerns when it comes to reporting any kind of problem there NEVER is any physical follow up from eBay CS to know (confirm) your problem has been resolved. The only thing an eBay user can do is keep on checking and hope for the best. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply