October 24th 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening up the chat this evening for questions. I'll review and respond tomorrow the 24th as I get into the office.

See you then!

Tyler 

Issue Status Latest Update Action taken/Next Steps
Your recently viewed' items are not staying cleared when cleared Closed Unable to recreate If this still occurs please page me to the thread
Community Feedback: 'Follow', 'Ignore', and 'Message' buttons not on profile Open Current settings do not allow for this Evaluating if this is something that can be done with our version of the Boards
Unable to add items to an active Sale event + Markdown Closed Unable to recreate If this still occurs please page me to the thread
When using Chrome to save a draft listing, an error displays that information is 'not safe' Reported to Tech for review Escalated If you encounter this please tag me so I can add your examples to the ticket
Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hi Tyler, thank you for opening the chat.

I’m wonder how much longer eBay will continue to display same-day delivery estimates for Tracked Packet to France and UK etc. It was first reported way back in September. A seller gets a sale on Saturday which shows Monday to Wednesday delivery to the buyer France. Despite that seller having until midnight Monday to ship it. And that Tracked Packet to France has a five- to seven-day delivery estimate.

Sooner or later, that buyer in France (or UK or any of the other countries affected) is going to be angry and disappointed they didn’t receive this impossible-to-fulfill promise from their seller.

Would you check into it again, please?

Thanks.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Looks like there is still a problem with this even though it says it is closed "Unable to add items to an active Sale event + Markdown".  I tried to add items to an existing sale & it says it doesnt work unless you have a subscribed store, which I do have. Could you check into that again.

Thanks

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Not sure if this issue is on the work in progress list or not. Was pointed out to me by another seller. It appears when a refund/partial refund on an order for whatever reason, the buyer's purchase shows their previously completed payment, Your payment is pending. They have been advising customers that all is okay and not to worry.  If several items were all paid for at the same time it adds that message to those as well. Any info on this would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

-CM

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Hi Tyler

As mentioned by momcqueen the issue with incorrect and extremely unrealistic estimated delivery dates to France still exists.  It was previously reported early in September in the following thread:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/EBAY-GLITCH-OR-EBAY-STUPIDITY/m-p/408922

When will this be fixed?  And why hasn't it been fixed yet? It has been almost a month and a half  since it was first reported.

I sold an item to a buyer in France,  to be shipped by Canada Post International Tracked Packet. I received payment on Saturday Oct 20th and the order details indicate that the estimated delivery period is Monday Oct 22nd to Wednesday Oct 24th.   I have one day handling which means that I have until the end of Monday Oct 22nd to ship the item.  It is physically impossible for the buyer in France to receive the item before I have even shipped it. Nor will he receive it on Wednesday the 22nd.  Canada Post states 7 business days as the estimated delivery.

Unrealistic delivery estimates do not help create a good buyer experience and can negatively affect a sellers metrics.

When will this issue be fixed?

Please look into this. Thanks.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Hello,

We are in the 3rd day of Canada Post rotating strikes with a 2nd consecutive day of strikes for Toronto and the GTA.  

For a lot of sellers we use letter mail as it is the only means of which we can ship smaller items where tracking and alternate shipping companies are not options for us.

My question is will ebay protect sellers shipping via letter mail (no tracking) who have marked their items as shipped during the time period effective October 22/18  (1st day of rotating strikes) until the strike is over/a deal is reached.  I understand that we can communicate with our customers etc. and advise of delays etc. but  I'm looking for a specific answer as to protection from INR's, negative/neutral feedback, and low detailed seller ratings as it applies to letter mail.

Looking for a specific answer on this please.  Even if it is unfavourable please be honest with us  sellers who primarily use letter mail so that we can either adjust our handling times or put our stores on vacation and hide the listings.  It wouldn't make much sense for us to stay open if we do not have protection for orders that are shipped via letter mail outside of maybe those of us who have regular customers.

Thank you for your time

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
Hi Tyler, thank you for opening the chat.

I’m wonder how much longer eBay will continue to display same-day delivery estimates for Tracked Packet to France and UK etc. It was first reported way back in September. A seller gets a sale on Saturday which shows Monday to Wednesday delivery to the buyer France. Despite that seller having until midnight Monday to ship it. And that Tracked Packet to France has a five- to seven-day delivery estimate.

Sooner or later, that buyer in France (or UK or any of the other countries affected) is going to be angry and disappointed they didn’t receive this impossible-to-fulfill promise from their seller.

Would you check into it again, please?

Thanks.

Hi @momcqueen (and @cgphile who had a similar question) - I was on leave when this was initially reported, but I see that Happy Pigeon passed this to the Project Managers involved. I've requested an update and keep you posted as I hear back. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Looks like there is still a problem with this even though it says it is closed "Unable to add items to an active Sale event + Markdown".  I tried to add items to an existing sale & it says it doesnt work unless you have a subscribed store, which I do have. Could you check into that again.

Thanks

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry - thanks for letting me know that this is still occurring (tech told me they weren't able to recreate). 

I'll reach out directly to you in a bit with some more specifics and I'll get it re-opened. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Not sure if this issue is on the work in progress list or not. Was pointed out to me by another seller. It appears when a refund/partial refund on an order for whatever reason, the buyer's purchase shows their previously completed payment, Your payment is pending. They have been advising customers that all is okay and not to worry.  If several items were all paid for at the same time it adds that message to those as well. Any info on this would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

-CM

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - I think I'm understanding: if a refund is issued to a buyer, they are seeing the item listed as 'pending payment' in their Purchase History, instead of it moving to cancelled, etc, right?

I haven't seen other reports of this yet, I'll take a look and see what I can find. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@edubb101 wrote:

Hello,

We are in the 3rd day of Canada Post rotating strikes with a 2nd consecutive day of strikes for Toronto and the GTA.  

For a lot of sellers we use letter mail as it is the only means of which we can ship smaller items where tracking and alternate shipping companies are not options for us.

My question is will ebay protect sellers shipping via letter mail (no tracking) who have marked their items as shipped during the time period effective October 22/18  (1st day of rotating strikes) until the strike is over/a deal is reached.  I understand that we can communicate with our customers etc. and advise of delays etc. but  I'm looking for a specific answer as to protection from INR's, negative/neutral feedback, and low detailed seller ratings as it applies to letter mail.

Looking for a specific answer on this please.  Even if it is unfavourable please be honest with us  sellers who primarily use letter mail so that we can either adjust our handling times or put our stores on vacation and hide the listings.  It wouldn't make much sense for us to stay open if we do not have protection for orders that are shipped via letter mail outside of maybe those of us who have regular customers.

Thank you for your time

Hi @edubb101 - thanks for this question.

The protection we are offering includes late shipment misses, negative or neutral feedback, tracking uploaded and validated metrics as well as open Item Not Received requests. The start of this protection is as of the 22nd, and will continue until such time as an agreement is reached. 

I don't have specifics on how this will pertain to members who don't use tracking numbers, but will request more detail and update you as I hear back. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@edubb101 wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your time

Hi @edubb101 - thanks for your patience on this!

I've heard back that the same protections will be made available for all members - regardless of whether or not an item has a tracking number.  

I hope that helps clarify and gives you some peace of mind. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 11
latest reply