30 days listings got charged but not live?

I have a bit of a situation here... 30 days listings were ending on July 31st. However, I got charged insertion fees for each of them, but they are not even live! I can't even find them anywhere... What is going on?

No I did NOT end them myself. Please help tyler@ebay 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I found them. But there is still a problem. They were listed on July 1st as GTC. Technically, they should renew today ONLY. But I got charged YESTERDAY. I thought GTC were counted in month now and not 30 days. What happened?

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @lady.stark - I'll take a look into this and see what more I can find. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Hi @lady.stark - following up on this. Looks like you contacted CS for assistance and they addressed the issue. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@lady.stark tyler@ebay 

You are not alone. Witnessed the same thing last night after creating one new listing Mountain Time I was showing 5 others listings from GTC as being active. When I checked those listing numbers they weren't scheduled to relist for another 20 hours. (Approx 22:31 PM Mtn time tonight (Aug 2). Clicking on the actual listing only shows time started and GTC. The joys of "automagically" never seem to end. Before, at least with Sell Similar and Relist you received an email confirming what was done.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Yes I did contact them. It was hard finding a phone number though, because the help pages kept sending me in a loop. Apparently, there is no phone number for Invoices and Fees....

But I managed to contact them anyway by using another reason.

For other members who might read this: I listed my items on July 1st. They still had 10 hours to go today before I noticed the renewal fees. I first looked at the recently renewed, that is why I did not find them immediately. They were not even renewed yet, but I got charged anyway. So check your invoices, you might get charged too!

Thank you tyler@ebay !

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@lady.stark 

Currently, you only see listing fees update once per month with a store. Mine display on the 17th in a batch because they are considered "Promotional Insert Fees". My last shown relist was July 17th and list back to June 16th. Possibly a new update to eBay that was just applied. Without a store, you would see in real-time.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Even when I had a store, I was able to see the fees in real time. You can't? That's strange...

tyler@ebay  I still have the same problem with listings of July 2. They just used 5 of my free listings even if they did not renew yet. Can you give me back my free listings please?

Here are the item numbers:

192973034146 - 202724195752 - 192973034815 - 192973035007 - 202724196745

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Hi @lady.stark - I'm still waiting on more information with regards to this, so I don't have an update. 

I can tell you that I do not have a way to give you back insertion fee credits, sorry!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

I can tell you that I do not have a way to give you back insertion fee credits, sorry!

Do I need to contact Customer Service again then? Will they be able to help?

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Might time zones be part of the problem?

EBay Canada is on Eastern (Daylight?) Time.

EBaydotCOM is on Pacific (Daylight?) Time.

That could make up to  five and a half hours difference-- unless I misplaced a time zone.

And then there is Saskatchewan.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@lady.stark 

So what appears to be happening (to some) is listings are being posted to Sellers Hub and being billed 24 hours EST in advance of actually relisting based on the previous list date. I am currently up to 18 in pending state. Interesting bonus feature of the improvement moving to GTC. Maybe we are all 24 hours into the future and we haven't realized yet? You have now entered the Twilight Zone!!  <<Evil Laugh>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU

-Lotz

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Good grief!!

I have been charged for 36 insertion fees for items that were not relisted.

They were on the new GTC and due to rollover on the evening of Aug 1.  I had ended them early on July 31.

tyler@ebay

Will ebay be correcting this error or do I have to make the dreaded phone call?

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I also got surprised with 29 GTC relisting on eBay.CA late on July 31.  Only spotted one that was not available immediately.

Those BINs were GTC starting July 1 and all of them were renewed 30 days later (July 31) to end on August 1.

Was really not pleased at getting hit with the old style GTC double monthly charge for a bunch of one day listings. eBay didn't charge the 1 day listing premium, so I guess it could have been much worse.  Smiley Frustrated

The BINs that lived (I killed a bunch in anger) were automatically renewed Thursday for 31 days (to September 1). So it looks like going forward GTC will be done correctly.

-..-

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@lucitabby 

In watching my listings on the fly, it DOES appear things are catching up. Ebay just shows them in Hub but they are not ACTUALLY listing for a full 24 hours(EST) after they display to your Hub. If you watch your invoicing that would be the only way you would see if they were double listed or do a re-sort by Listing title. eBay's system should stop any duplicates from happening and block before they did. Used to get a message telling me sorry. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.00 if I did create a duplicate. The other way a seller could check to be on the safe side would be to sort by TITLE and look for duplicates. Annoying but doable. Still unsure what will happen on listings that had question flags that THE SELLER was required to confirm prior to completing a listing. eg: Native Art or a Harddrive..Has all the data been cleared? One other place where it becomes confusing and possibly expensive is where a seller has listings with additional features built in that they use in certain circumstances..2nd Title or eBay sites added for example. These questions were brought up the past but really don't recall seeing any answers. GTC seems to be creating more grief than its removing.

-Lotz

PS. And unless you randomly open up each listing you won't see when eBay adds additional fields to a listing category. Some could be mandatory. Others may be not. At your discretion and ultimate luck to find them.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

There was a technical issue that impacted some members this week, specifically:

Some GTC listings which renewed early in July (July 1 & July 2 as an example) were charged a 2nd insertion fee after 30 days passed instead of renewing the following month as they should have.

The appropriate teams are aware of the issue, have identified the cause and corrected it. Additionally they are currently working to identify and credit listings that were double charged incorrectly in July.

Moving forward this will not occur as we finalize the transition from 30 day renewals to monthly renewals. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

The other way to look at is that these future GTC's are on tape delay and just being billed in advance. If you check the page that confirms listings for the month it will show Live listings only. Currently, on my Hub page it displays the item numbers for 23 of 28 listings. I guess on the brighter side we aren't charged interest on listing fees.  😉 Yet!!!!

-Lotz

Message 17 of 17
latest reply