A new selling site/account

I have been selling radios on eBay for over twenty years. I want to sell other items on another account. Can I do that and if I can, will eBay treat me like a newbie and hold back purchases and the like?

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@rosscd57 wrote:

I have been selling radios on eBay for over twenty years. I want to sell other items on another account. Can I do that and if I can, will eBay treat me like a newbie and hold back purchases and the like?

They will probably treat your new account as what it is....a new account. You will have payment holds and listing limits. The payment holds will follow the usual pattern which is 90 days/25 sales at which poiont they should go away. The listing limits will likely be quite low but this is something you may be able to get increased almost immediately if you contact eBay and let them know about your existing account.

This is how it went the last time I opened a secondary selling account. That was a long time ago so the policies may have change a little but the general idea still applies as far as I know.

The sooner you get started the sooner the holds will be gone and the limits increased. If you start today you might be in the clear by January.

You could start off this new account with some lower priced and more likely to sell items that will get you past the 25 sales criterea fairly quickly. The holds won't be a problem if you are doing low/modest value items on the new account and are not in desperate need of instant cash.

Once you have two accounts I recommend you use a different browser for each account, that will make things much easier because you won't have to continuously log out / log in as you would with a single browser.

Getting set up for Managed Payments on the new account should be easy, you can use all the exact same information you use currently.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@rosscd57 wrote:

They will probably treat your new account as what it is....a new account. You will have payment holds and listing limits. The payment holds will follow the usual pattern which is 90 days/25 sales at which poiont they should go away. The listing limits will likely be quite low but this is something you may be able to get increased almost immediately if you contact eBay and let them know about your existing account.

This is how it went the last time I opened a secondary selling account. That was a long time ago so the policies may have change a little but the general idea still applies as far as I know.

The sooner you get started the sooner the holds will be gone and the limits increased. If you start today you might be in the clear by January.

You could start off this new account with some lower priced and more likely to sell items that will get you past the 25 sales criterea fairly quickly. The holds won't be a problem if you are doing low/modest value items on the new account and are not in desperate need of instant cash.

Once you have two accounts I recommend you use a different browser for each account, that will make things much easier because you won't have to continuously log out / log in as you would with a single browser.

Getting set up for Managed Payments on the new account should be easy, you can use all the exact same information you use currently.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It's a few years now, but when I opened my seventh account,I hadtheusual restrictions.

But when 30 days had passed, I phoned (pre-Covid whenthere were call centres) showed my other active accounts, and that I was sharing the same Paypal account with them, and my restrictions were immediately lifted.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply