Anyone used Chit Chats for Australia recently?

Just looked up CCE rates for sending a 750g package to Australia and it's $32.56 with Asendia International Priority Tracked, whereas with Canada Post Small Packet Air 1kg it's $43.67.

Have anyone shipped to Australia lately? Did it arrive in a reasonable time? Debating if I should accept the offer from this buyer... I recently just started selling to outside Canada and US again. Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@zee-chan wrote:

Just looked up CCE rates for sending a 750g package to Australia and it's $32.56 with Asendia International Priority Tracked, whereas with Canada Post Small Packet Air 1kg it's $43.67.

Have anyone shipped to Australia lately? Did it arrive in a reasonable time? Debating if I should accept the offer from this buyer... I recently just started selling to outside Canada and US again. Thanks!

I have but using ChitChats NON-tracked service, delivery was "as expected" which means 4 weeks instead of 2. From what I hear the "blip" in service in August has been pretty much cleared up.

FYI - The NON-tracked service to Europe is pretty much back to normal, deliveries to most countries in about 2 weeks except for the UK which is 7 - 10 days.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Oh nice, I have never used the non-tracked service since the ETA is like a few days to 3 months lol. I think I'll go with the Asendia tracked service. I have used it a couple times, one time my Europe buyer messaged me and said it didn't arrive after a month, I messaged Chit Chats and apparently there are some issues and they contacted Asendia and got it fixed. I updated the buyer and then didn't hear back from them again so I assume they received it eventually.

This Australian buyer is new and is buying ~$100, so I think I'm more comfortable with using a tracked service.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I wouldn't send anything overseas these days untracked. Be careful with international sales... it's so hard to do returns on them. And expensive.

I've used Asendia to the UK with ChitChats and it was really fast. Not sure about Australia though... good luck
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The buyer doesn't trust asendia and wanted to upgrade to express post herself. I'm certainly not complaining lol
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Wow, ETA to Australia with Xpress Post is 23 days! Hopefully it gets there sooner than that...
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

With few passengers flights that used to take cargo like Canada Post mail and parcels, there is less ability to ship quickly. Only to get worse with Christmas rush.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply