Best Offers expiring sooner?

Sounds good to me as a seller. I’d like to shorten my counteroffers to be valid 12 hours or less. Also, a shorter Best Offer window means those sellers who prefer to ignore insulting offers altogether get to ignore them for a shorter amount of time.

Win win.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2019/1/1546723546.html
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Also, the no-brained here is that if you as the buyer are ‘in a rush’ then you don’t muck about with Best Offer at all. Instead, you Buy It Now or someone else does. I’ve had items Sold while counteroffers are pending.

Also, I want to see Best Offer become NOT mutually exclusive to Immediate Payment Required. As far as I’m concerned, the Best Offer being accepted means nothing until it’s paid. Those listings should not end until payment is submit, period.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

What I am not understanding is why when a buyer either asks to cancel an order or refuses to pay and then doesn't, why the inventory just doesn't automatically return to your listings. Inventory never actually sold so it should NOT require relisting. Mostly just hmmmm?

-Lotz

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

why when a buyer either asks to cancel an order

Well, this may be part of a negotiation. But I tend to agree.

or refuses to pay and then doesn't,

Because some buyers are slow payers.

The usual excuse is 'waiting for payday' but then it's just as likely they won't have money then either.

But some do. And some sellers are willing to wait.

Forcing sellers to wait 48 to 96 hours to open an UPI dispute and 96 hours to close it seems excessive.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Perhaps the answer is to make all purchases by Fixed Price, Buy It Now, and accepted Best Offer, Immediate Payment Required.

Leaving more time to pay only on Auctions, which are dying out anyway, and where the buyer is not necessarily there when the auction closes.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply